Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this morning I went out to a local place called Sycamore creek to do a shake down run on the bronco, just finished a SAS. So I loaded up all the tools and spares I thought I might need just in case, and headed out. The bronco did great on the highway out, compared to the TTB the SAS wasn't as good on the washboard dirt roads but once I was past those it worked great. Found some rocks and twisted it up to see how everything has looking.

Found the burned out bronco that was a topic of discussion in the AZ faction thread

Some one flipped it right side up again (not me)

So the temps are climbing into the triple digits so I started heading out last climb out of the creek I hear a "Ping EEEEEEEEEE CLACK CLACK CLACK"
and no more power. I get it back to a place I can get out and look, hop out check it out nothing obvious so I put it in gear, nothing but sad tranny sounds. So I'm in the middle of the desert I've seen one guy on a dirt bike in the last three hours and the thermostat is climbing. Out of desperation I try reverse... It engages woooooo hoooooo!!!!!! Wasting no time I get the bronco whipped around and head out. I must say if your going to drive a significant distance in reverse be sure to install a solid axle first they're much better than the ttb when backing up.

And for the Pic's or bs crowd

Back to civilization
Well happy motoring, till next time.
Slide

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Classic. Glad you got out

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, no cops bothered you? Glad it worked out.
I passed a Dps officer who was up on the bush highway overpass he didn't do anything. About half way home I was stopped by a Fort Mcdowell officer who was responding to someone reporting a vehicle driving reverse down the shoulder. He just asked if I wanted a tow or if I needed to call anyone, then wished me luck and sent me on my way. If traffic had been heavier I probably wouldn't have gotten away with doing it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
thats insane you made it that far without a ticket. I got hammered going home from sycamore with a dirtbike in the bed of my truck by jerks in blue. Not all of them, but some of them can be very big pain. What hill did it go out on?

Ken

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats insane you made it that far without a ticket. I got hammered going home from sycamore with a dirtbike in the bed of my truck by jerks in blue. Not all of them, but some of them can be very big pain. What hill did it go out on?

Ken
You know where the main road in ends and drops off into the wash? Ya it died going up that. Not even a hill or anything cool. Really wasn't that hard of a trip far as wheeling is concerned just played on some rocks seeing how the front was working.
Slide

1 - 7 of 7 Posts