Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im running 33s stock...i havent wheeled it to hard yet or anything but im worried that when i do my front tires are going to rub like crazy or dent the fenders and a lift isnt really in the buget yet...so im thinkin...do a 2inch leveling spring in front and a 1.5inch block in the rear to level it out...and all new shocks....but my ? is would i have to change anything else as far as radious arm drop brackets? thinkin about it i dont see y i would have to but i just want to make sure....thanx

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Mike think about it, you will be getting blocks, spring, and all new shocks, and alignment, that is lets say 400$ at least. Get a 60$ body lift if money is the issue and you are done, and saving for that bigger lift.

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Total for a 2in lift?
Springs 120
Rear blocks ?
Six Shocks @ 35 210
Alignment 40

Total 370 plus the rear lift blocks.

If you meant the body lift, I got my 3in for 100 shipped, and 2in are 75 shipped or less. Check out ebay

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
I went with Moog leveling springs on mine and nothing in the back (its a pickup so now it sits level) All you have to do is get it re-aligned, although they might have to order the camber offset bushings for it. If you're handy with a welder you can make a custom shackle mount for the back and get 2" (or flip the stocker and get 4") And, regaurdless of what you have heard, you don't need shock for just 2". The radius arms limit the droop so much that you can't overextend them :rebelflag

edit: and i can't make my 33's rub, even w/o the swaybar

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hear u guys....i might just do a 3inch body...but my only thing is i heard with a body lift when ur wheelin u can feel the body rockin back and forth or sumthing like that??

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I don't think it's so much the body rocking back and forth like your thinking (body "rolling" away from the frame) It's just more "top heavy" so it feels different than what your used to...if it had always been that way, you'd have nothing to compare it too, and wouldn't know the difference...

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
don't forget the fun part about the body mounts breaking through the floorpan of your truck! Go for the suspention man!

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I have the 2" leveling kit on mine and if you want it to drive/feel right after you will need more than just the new camber bushings. The alignment will cost alot more than $40 if you have them do the camber bushings, probably more like $150 or so. I had my rear springs re-arched and a leaf added because of something some idiot at a shop told me before I found this website, so my rear end was really jacked up. I had to do the leveling kit so it wouldn't look like a hot rod. Of course the idiot at the off road shop said all I would need after adding the springs would be an alignment and I would be good.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
93F150 said:
And, regaurdless of what you have heard, you don't need shock for just 2". The radius arms limit the droop so much that you can't overextend them :rebelflag

edit: and i can't make my 33's rub, even w/o the swaybar
no the shocks limit your droop. stock length shocks were holding back at least 1 1/2" of down travel even when i was stock height with stock arms/no gaybars.

edit: i could make my 33s rub with 4" of lift, so you must not be wheeling hard enough :goodfinge

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
maybe its because i have a pickup and the frame flexes more? Do you have dual shocks? Mine are loadlevelers for my snowplow, but i'm pretty sure they're stock length.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts