Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to turn my 2wd into a 4wd by putting in a solid front axle. Will a transfercase from an 88 bronco work if I get a parts 4wd tranny and steal some parts off of that and put them on my 4wd transmission? I can get the transfer case for $50 bucks.. Is that a good price or no?

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
yes and no. what tranny are you running? what t-case are you running? what truck is it going in? I see two listed. For 50 dollars and it fits your application awesome. 50 bucks and you have to spend countless hours making it work no. Transfer cases can be had fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running a C6 its for my 70 ford. The transfercase is a Np 205 and I might be able to get a front axle out of a 79 f-250 as well as a junk tranny

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
well if you can find a factory adapter then you will be good to go. that is a pretty decent deal on a NP205. When you get the axle from the truck make sure that you get the springs a well. You are going to have to convert your front end to leafs to run that axle. I would get the rear out of the truck as well just so you have something that matches. good luck

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll keep you updated on this project.. If I don't do it I'll probably still buy the transfer case as its always nice to have spares around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts