Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta 1993 bko wanna lift it about 3 or more inches mostly for looks and minor off roading... looking at a 3" Body Lift but cant fine no for sure disadvantages about them but i have searched and found mixed reviews overall! some a say no and some say yes!

so in the end how are the lifts and whats the best one to get?
I'm looking for a COMPLETE kit so when i get it i put it on and off i go!
thanks for your help!

also does any one have instructions on how to do a body lift just wanna see them to see how bad it is! thanks again!:drinkbud

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
unbolt body bolts, jack up body, put in new body lift bushings, put in new bolts and torque properly. Adjust the damned bumper heights.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Extend transfer case shifter (if you have a manual t-case), steering extension (my kit came with one), drop radiator shroud (again, should be part of the kit). The kits usually come with front bumper brackets (crap in my opinion - I just welded my own) but you'll probably have to figure the rear out for yourself. I used a drop bumper to fill the space between the hitch and tailgate and made my own brackets. A lot of people on here swap their stock brackets left to right and flip em.
I've heard a lot of bullshit about why these kits are bad but most of it is just that, BS. One I keep hearing over and over is that they raise the center of gravity. Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a suspension lift raises the COG more than a body lift. Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
529 Posts
do u need new body bushings or is the body lift polyurethane bushing just a replacement?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wiring will be fine. The body lift does not replace the body bushings but is an addition. You might want to replace the body bushings while you're at it though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can buy the kit and just install it with nothing else or you can also replace the body bushings if they are in bad shape. The only thing I needed to modify was the shift linkage and my kit came with the piece of metal to weld on the linkage.

You need to watch all the lines and hoses when you do the lift. Everything had enough slack so nothing else had to be modified. The only cable I have now that is semi-tight is the parking brake cable and it's loose enough not to affect anything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
it is realy easy hell im 17 years old and i did it in about a day and a half all by myself it would have taken alot less time if i would have had an impact wrench. make sure before you install the lift you spray pb blaster on the old bolts that stuff works miracles other than that its just a brezze. i have had mine on for 3 months and i am always off roadin down here in the good ole red georgia clay and i have yet to have any problems with it. also make sure you lossen the other body bolts befor you lift it so that you dont put to much strain on them and they break.

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.