Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen people on here that have said that they have gotten a 3" Body Lift for 75 dollars.. Please tell me where cause all i am seeing is 97 dollars everywhere on line.. Thanks in advance for the help...

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
check you local truck shop, mine had a used set i got fro 30 bux, but for a new one its 80 and up, or you can check ebay, ive seen em there for about 50

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will see what they have.. Thanks.. Yeah I was on E-bay and found one new but it has a reserve and doesn't go off for 4 more days.. I will keep and eye on it.. Thanks

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i got a new in the box PA 3" body lift for $80 and shipping. email me and we can work some thing out. i was going to install a second bronco but he sold it and stiffed me the cost. i paid $130 plus shipping....mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
REVIVING AN OLDER THREAD:

Since this thread is talking about the cost of Body lifts...
Has anyone had a shop install a 3" lift? If so what did it cost you?

I just DO NOT have the time to do it and wondering what kind of dough it's cost people to have a shop install the whole thing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Ford dealership where I work tried to install my 3" body lift, but they were concerned with the time involved due to corrosion.

The foremost mounts by the rad were the worst.

They told me I may be looking at up to 8 hours to put them in if bolts started to break. Drilling and such would suck.

I decided to scrap it and just go all suspension lift instead.

Maybe try soaking the bolts in WD-40 or something for a week ahead, then see if they can be loosened.

I think if they come loose that a shop shouldn't charge more than 3.5-4 hours to do the swap complete.

I was quoted 3 hours initially, but then all hell broke loose.

Jeff

·
Registered
531 Posts
how much does it cost to get it installed? is it easy to do yourself?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I was quoted $400 to install including the kit. They're not too bad to do your self if you have a couple friends to help.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I had mine on here for $80 along time. look in the for sale items they show up time to time. i bought mine for $130 PA 3" body lift. i sold the spare one i had for $200 installed and i fixed the front and rear bumpers for the guy. i think plug ulgy still has one cheap. or goto a sports center and get 30 hockey pucks and lowes for grade 8 longer bolts ---i think that would be $30 or less..........mike

·
Banned
21,545 Posts
I can change body mounts by myself :shrug - installing a body lift would be a LOT easier.

(...and yeah, that was even before I built the winch stand!) :thumbup

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i did all 3 mostly by my self (13 year old son came and went) i sold the last kit installed for $200. if you are not replacing the body bushings then it is easy and a few hours. if you replace the body bushings it will be longer but it will vary depending on if the shell seperate easilt. i needed a BFH on most of mine. on each i cut the nut off the bottom shell as the threads get buggered as you hammer out the shell. i had to burn and sawsall a few shells. use PB Blaster a few weeks ahead of time or at least as much lead time as you can.

TIP the front threads in differently than the rest. I just cut the bottom of the bolt and it seems to work best....mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm getting ready to remove mine. (6" lift and 3" body + cutout flares makes 37's look like 33's!) All I will have is the lift blocks, steering sleeve, and bolts, but if you want em cheap PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts