Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering on my 84 what problems id get from a a 3 in body lift. I know about the bumper gap and steering extension Anyhting else. ALso why do they always stress not mixing body and suspension lifts. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well the problems that can exist are wiring if not long enougth, brakes lines and there mounting locations. The fan cover also needs to be trimmed to accomindate this extra body lift also the shifting mechanisms needed lengthened or changed ever so slightly.

·
Registered
912 Posts
2" and there is nothing to do but the steering extension and reposition the fan shroud and bumpers. For the front bumper I flipped the mount and lenghtened the mounting holes. For the rear I left it alone because changes are coming and I didnt give a shit.

Where else can you get 2" of tire clearence for $80? Other than the Fun-Zall.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
:stupid

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
DerrickRaynes said:
My 38's rub so I was lookin for a quick fix. Im alright on the road but wheel like shit
so buy a sawzall and start hacking. you can get the cheap ones from kragen for like $30.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
gearrat said:
Miketnf150 said:
Get you a suspension lift and be done with it! BL's look like crap!!
so what ya saying mike huh huh huh huh huh huh huh :goodfinge :boxing :toothless
Just trying to help a brotha out. I think the look like crap cause the frame showing too much and that big ugly gap. Plus if he wheels alot then that BL is going to cause that body to flex more and get those nice stress cracks. Just my .02

Oh and :goodfinge right back atcha :thehand :toothless

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
yea i now but if he is on a budget it is a fast lift that he can remove later on if he wishes.. besides i like mine :rockon :wacko :toothless

1 - 19 of 19 Posts