Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 867 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good lord Jim !

He's found a mandrel bent 3" tailpipe and it's......CHEAP !

I was wandering through the 1400 pages of the 2005 Maremont exhaust catalog at a jobbers today.

There on page 1384 was part # M30001 for Ford Trucks 1961-1986, side exit exhaust(behind the axle, just like our Broncos) for trucks with leaf springs.

A mandrel bent 3" tailpipe for @ $40.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idiot behind the counter wasn't even able to speak Chevrolet, much less Ford (in fact I was wondering if he even liked cars and trucks), so he failed in his attempt on pricing it.

A quick internet search and Voila;

http://www.supremeperformance.com/DisplayPart.aspx?pid=147

$37.04 !

Well, for all those who have 3" Bassani's and want to get over the axle in uncrimped 3" style (and cheaply), there you go !

This concludes this public service announcement. Gentlemen set your Visa's on stun !

Sixlitre

p.s./
I'm trying to track me down a Maremont dealer here in town so's I kin git me a quote in Canajian !

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
stangmata50l said:
EDIT: works now

Do they have one for the later model Bronco's?
If'n it fits an 86 it ought to fit quite a ways on up. The wankers at Dynomax told me the 87-96 mandrel bent 2 1/2" tailpipe(I went for last time) wouldn't fit my 86'.

I told them to retire to their crack pipes. Never had a tailpipe fit better.

Sixlitre

Thanks Slickerthanyou. All part of the conditions of my parole....ah I mean just trying to give back to the Bronco community that done brought me up

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Six - you're my hero!

How the hell did you know I was looking for something like that? That completes my exhaust - now to find someone to weld everything together.

Here's what's going in starting on 08/19:

Bassani headers ceramic coated (58150bc) --> Bassani Y-pipe with high flow cats (58150b3) --> flowmaster 40 --> this tailpipe.

BTW, it's $51 with shipping/handling to NJ. I'll let everyone know how everything goes together. Time to find an exhaust shop to weld everything together.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unixdude said:
Six - you're my hero!

How the hell did you know I was looking for something like that? That completes my exhaust - now to find someone to weld everything together.

Here's what's going in starting on 08/19:

Bassani headers ceramic coated (58150bc) --> Bassani Y-pipe with high flow cats (58150b3) --> flowmaster 40 --> this tailpipe.

BTW, it's $51 with shipping/handling to NJ. I'll let everyone know how everything goes together. Time to find an exhaust shop to weld everything together.
Happy to help out Unixdude

What I did know is the 3" mandrel bent tailpipe comes up AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN here, with no decent supplier ever given.

Not to knock that jobber on the link, but to save you a boatload of cash on shipping fees, take that M30001 number to the nearest Maremont dealer/jobber in Jersey and have em' run that part number.

That is a Maremont number. Maremont being the guys that suck hind-tittie to the big guy "Walker". Still, with prices like that I'm-a-gonna be finding myself a Maremont jobber here in town and save mysef' a few shipping dollars, to be sure !

Sixlitre

p.s./
Sounds like a really efficient system you're building there, for that 351. I hear so many guys here saying " I got the wrong Flowmaster"(too loud, not loud enough) that maybe you should try the muffler before you weld everything up solid.

Being the cheap [email protected]$turd that I is, I never weld up anything other than the header flanges. This allows me to undo and change out any single component I want to, in my driveway, on my back with just two 9/16" wrenches.

·
Registered
610 Posts
six: i know you're meaning jobber as in wholesaler. i just wanted to state that as no one on this side of the 49th parelell uses the term :toothless

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smileybry said:
six: i know you're meaning jobber as in wholesaler. i just wanted to state that as no one on this side of the 49th parelell uses the term :toothless
Thanks smileybry

we call outfits like NAPA jobbers up here

what's the term used down there ? Chevrolet Cafe ?:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Registered
490 Posts
ahhahah this is awesome i really need a tail pipe

with my manifolds to bassani with cat to flowmaster 40 there is so much noise that it actually is painful to drive maybe this will help me out a little! and keep those fumes out of the bronc

thanks!

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Happy to help out Unixdude

Sixlitre said:
Not to knock that jobber on the link, but to save you a boatload of cash on shipping fees, take that M30001 number to the nearest Maremont dealer/jobber in Jersey and have em' run that part number.
You're a little late on that advice since I only knew about the actual shipping fees after placing my order :banghead . Didn't think to look for a local distributor - and I need it here by next week at the latest. I normally work 3rd shift and usually have time to hunt for things during normal business hours, but I'm in a training class this week - during day shift. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Thanks smileybry

we call outfits like NAPA jobbers up here

what's the term used down there ? Chevrolet Cafe ?:toothless

Sixlitre
nah just parts stores. getting harder and harder to find good ones around here (near washington DC). i cant even REMEMBER the last time i've seen a NAPA. all we have are autozones and all the other "grocery" type parts stores stocked with people who dont know what a spark plug is, and are too "busy" to help you at all. and yeah if you work at one of these places and you're not like that, tell all the stores by me to stop perpetuating the stereo type! ok ok ok, enough "off topic"

for us in the states, you can go to pepboys i believe and order maremont as i know they carry their mufflers etc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
AWESOME six!!!!! YOU-DA-MAN!!!! Using this thread for reference.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Konham said:
ahhahah this is awesome i really need a tail pipe

with my manifolds to bassani with cat to flowmaster 40 there is so much noise that it actually is painful to drive maybe this will help me out a little! and keep those fumes out of the bronc

thanks!
EVERYBODY needs and/or dreams of a 3" mandrel bent tailpipe for cheap !

Happy to help out guys.

Unixdude

Compared to a $550.00 catback system (a muffler and a tailpipe) your shipping charge is "jack-all" to worry about.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,741 Posts
I think I got my Walker 3-inch mandrel-bent pipe from Summit for ~$47, but I drove down there and got it 'cuz those bastages wanted a hefty ransom for shipping and handling.

Nevertheless, this is VERY good news indeed. Now I won't feel like I have to be so careful with my tailpipe when I replace my Flowmaster in the near future.

Thanks indeed, Sixlitre! You're my favorite Canajian. :beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I'm skeptable about this, the pic shows duals, and stated "61-86 trucks"

Sounds like a generic pipe kit, that might be all wrong for our short wheel base.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Wow!
Save $100 on cheap parts
Spend $20 in blades
Spend more on extra clamps or welding supplies
Then spend hours hacking it all back togeather
Then wait for the extra clamps to shift or the welds to rust out in a year

Where do I sign up?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fireguy50 said:
I'm skeptable about this, the pic shows duals, and stated "61-86 trucks"

Sounds like a generic pipe kit, that might be all wrong for our short wheel base.
I've seen the catalog up close today

and the top one is for us, the bottom one is a smaller diameter pipe made fo' Chevrolets.

The top one is for Ford trucks and the way it is bent it looks very close to the Dynomax mandrel bends.

The side exit should ensure it'll clear our rear mounted tanks. Guess we'll get the news on the fit when Unixdude's rolls in next week.

Like SigEpBlue says, worse comes to worse, out comes the Sawzall.

Geez Ryan ! No negative waves man ! I gots a feeling it's gonna fit and fit well

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 867 Posts