Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok on passenger side of my 1992 econoline 150 van, there is 3 plastic rigid vaccuum lines coming off of a black box (colors are red, black and green). But they arent running anywhere and my van is idling pretty high and has a check engine light on 5.0 302 V8 engine). Does anyone know where they would go? I cant find any boot or anything that they were supposed to go to..

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My 86 302 uses green as the EVR to EGR vacuum. Not sure about the other two. Would the vacuum diagrams be the same on all 302s of that year? If so check out the diagrams in my recent EGR thread.

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok im a dum bass i just noticed that label on the core support. green= egr. black and red= something called VRESER.. what the hell is a VRESER, and where is it located?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
VRESER = Vacuum Reservoir. Usually a coffee can or plastic type reservoir.

The black and red should go to a dual vacuum fitting that plugs into the VRESER, otherwise you will have a major vacuum leak.

The red line comes from the Manifold Vacuum and the black line goes to the Secondary Air Injection System, including the TAB (Thermactor Air Bypass) and TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) Solenoids. It also goes to the EVR (EGR Vacuum Regulator), which operates the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation).

It is relatively simple, once you relate your Emissions Label to the actual components and remember all of the acronyms.

Look for the Vacuum Reservoir (coffee can) in the lower left of this pic...

1990 5.8L Vacuum Hose Routing

Secondary Air Injection System (from Steve83's SuperMotors webpage)

TAB/TAD/EVR Location

Sorry if this is too much information. You probably only wanted to know what a VRESER was... :crazy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts