Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my exhaust to a 3" exhaust. But I ran out of money due to last minute bills. So what I'm wondering is, are there any Fords that I can get a 3" tailpipe from at the local junkyard? I know I know, most people wouldn't count on junkyards for their parts, but I'm in need of finishing this and down to my last $10 or so. I called the local muffler shop, they wanted at least $100 to bend and install it. So No way that is going to happen! But yah, I was thinking that the diesels, 01 and up, might have 3" tailpipe?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Somebody here posted pics of a 97 tailpipe

on his F-150, with no box on and it was fitting well. It was either 3 or 3.5". Get specific with your search as it's worth cheacking that out.

As a budget minded FSBer (okay I'm just plain cheap) I discovered Dynomax sells a mandrel bent 2 1/2" tailpipe for under $40.00. A $3.00 reducer would hook it all up for you until you're wallet's thicker.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, will do. I searched earlier, but didn't have luck. So I'll spend a good hour right now re-phrasing every word I'm going to search. Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Older diesels used a 3" pipe, the PSD from 1994 and up uses a 3.5"
Dodge diesels also used a 3.5", and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to put it on a Ford.

If you want to spend about $75, Flowmaster makes a universal tailpipe kit in 3"

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i recall correctly, my bro went through his tailpipe and took out sound deflectors. Would those years have them as well? His is a 91 IDI f350.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Yah, will do. I searched earlier, but didn't have luck. So I'll spend a good hour right now re-phrasing every word I'm going to search. Thanx for the help!
Don't bother

I just spent 10 minutes searching for you and couldn't find it. I'm no Gackner with searches but I usually find what I remember them by.

Tood bad, he had pics of it with the body off the frame and you could see how well it ran past the tank and all.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah I couldn't find anything either. So I'm going to go to the junkyard today if I can find time, which I doubt. Have to go to training here in a few hours. So yah, thanx for the help though! Will have to run by there next week so I can finally get this exhaust done. Can't wait to actually hear it with the tailpipe on. So I'll post up some sound clips of it after I'm all done.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I'm just going to go with this: I ordered a L pipe from summit only bc I had a $20 off, so really only payed $15 including shipping. So I am going to exit it before my rear wheel. My questions are, are there any downfalls to this? Can I still take the top off and not get fumigated with exhaust? I know lots of people done this before, but don't really know myself. Searched, but nothing really helped to what I'm asking.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installed Dynomax Race Bullet!!!

Ok, so haven't had time to go check out the junkyards though. But today was a nice bright sun shiny day! haha. So rolled down all the windows and no exhaust coming in. It surprised me because, I thought i'd get too much exhaust coming in. My system only runs as far back to the rear wheel. Right in front of it. So after I get my 90 bend pipe from summit, hopefully it won't change that.

Will get a sound clip of it tomorrow when I wake up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts