Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck a couple months ago and have been slowly fixing things and getting it to run right. This weekend I had the timing checked because I have hesitation on throttle tip-in. Found out that its running 30 degrees timing. We set it back to 15 and it felt like a dog so we moved it back to 30. Isn't that too much timing? Is this causing any problems? I get the impression that the timing was set so high to cover up some other problem.

Also, the original problem I was trying to solve was that it hesititates when I romp on it, especially when its cold outside. I have a Holley 4bbl 600cfm carb. Any idea on what I should look at to correct this?

Thanks in advance!

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
having that holley on there is the biggest problem. they blow powervalves all the time and this will cause that exact problem. get a rebuild kit for it or if you have the funds move up to an edelbrock. less tuning involved.

later

·
Registered
98 Posts
Modern holley carbs dont really have a problem with blowing power valves. Alot of the newer carbs have a check ball that prevents this it also has revised power vavles that have a piece of metal protecting the diaphram.

As for your timing problem. You either arent disconnecting the vacume advance or your balancer has spun.

As for your bog.. It could be 1 of about 50 things it could even be a combo of sevral of them. Most "carb" problems are really timeing problems that people blame on the carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts