Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what size of serp belt I need to bypass my air pump? It does nothing for me anymore, and just makes a rackety noise (its air pipe is welded shut...thing is grenaded anyways I think). So I'm hoping somebody could tell me what size I need so I can go down to Napa and get it. I'm in that "mood" to work on the girl today. Take care of some stuff you know?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, I searched and all I came up with was 2" shorter for 351W's, otherwise nobody has ever seemed to state a specific length for a 302 of my year deleting the pump.

·
Registered
89 Posts
NAPA Micro "V". P/N 060878. Measures out @ 88 3/8 in. Still on the adjuster scale, tho a bit on the tight side. If you've got a smaller alt pully for a high output 3G, then it falls almost right in the middle of the adjustment range.
Schrof

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you remember how much you paid for your belt? I'll get around to getting it sometime this week..

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way too short for my 94. I BELIEVE my truck took a 92 and 1/8" belt to bypass my pulley. This is running straight from the crank up over the tensioner and around the alternator. Cost about 40 dollars. I think somewhere in 92/94 the routing changed? Either way, my air pump is bypassed. I hope this works out better for somebody later searching for help on this subject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts