Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not hard, just time consuming and probably not worth the effort. You'll likely need new motor mounts, a tranny adapter, new exhaust manifolds, accessory brackets and a few other things that haven't immediately leapt to mind. You are also not likely to see a big difference in fuel mileage and certainly not in performance. Still, I'd be curious to hear the results from someone who's actually done it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why do you want a 302 in there?

But it is your vehicle, try it and see.

This is coming from a guy that but a Turbo'd 4 cylinder in a Stang.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think the C6 came behind some of the Windsor blocks up to 89, but I am not so sure of my BKO history yet.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You would need a C6 from a 1980-87 4x4 truck with a 302/351.

I wish I could have put a windsor series engine in my Bronco. Don't get me wrong, the M runs great. But the performance market for the 351W is awesome!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
c6 was used behind the 351w till the end of 89, in 86 the AOD was used behind the 302's only until 90 when the E4OD was put behind both windsors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know i'm good on the frame towers,they are the same for 302 351w 351m 351c and 400 if you use truck motor mounts.

·
Registered
783 Posts
IMO It is not worth the effort,you'll need custom engine mounts,different trany and t-case combo,unless you spend the bucks for adapters and all that stuff.My 1/2 ton to came with a 302 in it it was a total butch job.Truck was way underpowered,had a c6/np208 combo which really downgrade the entire truck.It eventually got a 351M back in it with a stick and 205 t-case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts