Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 351w in my 90 is about to take a poop on me...I really cant find another 351 and i got a lead on a 302...what would you guys do...swap in a 302 or wait till i find a 351?

·
Registered
138 Posts
kinda depends on your budget and if you need your Truck sooner than later. If you can wait, the wait till you find 1. Or get your rebuilt. I cant see putting a 302 in my 91 after having a 351. just seams Like I would be disapointed. Well unless the 302 was really worked or something. But yeah, either wait, or graba crate motor. Summit Racing has a few to chose from as does Ford.

·
Registered
3 Posts
None2Slow said:
kinda depends on your budget and if you need your Truck sooner than later. If you can wait, the wait till you find 1. Or get your rebuilt. I cant see putting a 302 in my 91 after having a 351. just seams Like I would be disapointed. Well unless the 302 was really worked or something. But yeah, either wait, or graba crate motor. Summit Racing has a few to chose from as does Ford.
Check www.car-parts.com You can always find engines there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
With 35" tires I would wait for a 351. Kinda depends on how many $ you have to spend on gas. With some 351's you can watch the gas gauge move down as you push on the pedal. I have a 302 and wish I had a 351.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
i just swapped a 351 into my bronco that originally had a 302. got my motor from the wrecking yard for a good price with 80k miles still lots of life left. might try that out first. because i would never go back to a 302 just aint got enough grunt.

late

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I just rebuilt and installed a 302 HO engine in my 88. While it is better than what I had before, I would swap it for a 351 if I had to do it all over again.

I think if you dropped back to a 302 after having a 351, you'd be dissapointed in the truck's performance. But if you gotta you gotta.....

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,528 Posts
........:stupid

·
Registered
403 Posts
The 302 is a little under powered, but you could always do some mods, intake, exhaust, ect... My bronc has a 302/AOD w/204,000+ miles, 4.10's and 33's and can break them loose and do a burnout.
:goodfinge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts