Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are probably going to hate me for this one...
I have not actually seen my 302 in person, nor driven my lovely new truck, but I already now I want more power! MWAHAHAHAHA!:goodfinge

Okay..now that that is over with I have been offered a low mileage 351 out of another 96 Bronco. It was described as having "AIR in heads". Now I will be honest, other than some girls I dated in highschool i don't know much about air in heads. I don't want to end up getting an engine i can't use. How much modification would be required if this isn't the set up I can use? I already know I will have to get a new y-pipe for the swap. Will choice of pipe be affected by this? I do not know if my 302 was "AIR in heads" or not.:banghead. If it wasn't will the horrible OBDII system bend me over a table? Should I just get a new ECM? Can I downgrade to EECIV? Alright..I think that is enough for now.

"This barrage of questions is brought to you by the Kill Al-Qaeda Yams Association"

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Install entire 351 components and don't worry about it. Then either swap all of the exhaust or have a shop spread open that 302 y-pipe for ya.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Aikidoka said:
have a shop spread open that 302 y-pipe for ya.
Wont work. The manifolds/shortys on a 351w are not only wider, but they point in a diferant direction than a 5.0s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts