Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will I be able to squeeze 32 x 11.5 on a non-lifted 94 xlt ? I have been getting mixed answers so far from tire shops. Obviously plenty of room on the back. Will they rub on the front when I turn
?

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Breath King Andy BREATH!!!!

It will be ok:beer

I plan to try out the 33x12.5 myself but it's a street truck and will have *GULP* sway bars on.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Bronco85 said:
and will have *GULP* sway bars on.
Blastfomy! Blastfomy!:goodfinge

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
King Andy351 said:
yes. use the fawking search button. i ran 33 x 12.50s stock and wheeled the piss out of it and it was fine.

actually andy, I did use the search, but perhaps I missed it. only put 32 in for the search field. Oh, and just so you know...I actually hook up with girls that look like that.

thanks for the help guys. Are you sure about the 33 x 12.5 on an "unlifted" truck ? mine has sway bars also. I would be stoked if I could run 33's on it, but hell 32's are cool also.

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Contrary to what most people say, I wouldn't run more than 32's on a non lifted 92-96 body style. Earlier than that 80-91, I would try 33's. I rub my 31x10.5's in the rear full flex, and by that I mean fulllll flex. The front still had room...haha. But 32's max, and don't be surprised if they rub slightly.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Ledee416 said:
Oh, and just so you know...I actually hook up with girls that look like that.
well thats great, but unless you're gonna show pictures to prove it, i wouldn't say stuff like that. these guys will tear you a new one.;)
Ledee416 said:
Are you sure about the 33 x 12.5 on an "unlifted" truck ?
well, i never said 33s on a stocker wouldn't rub.....

·
Super Moderator
24,696 Posts
Our 32x11.50's rubbed the driver's side bumper and valence (washered bumper out and trimmed valence).
If springs/bushings are ok, you may get by w/33's..a test fit of 33's on the 96 was unacceptable due to rubbing in all da wrong places (sorta like bad sex....) - btw only has 33k miles on it so springs et all were still ok @ that time.
Diff tire makes usually are diff dia. than advertised, so have any 33's test fitted and trial run'ed before forkin' it over.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have 33's on a stock 89 with tow package and they just barely rub on the radius arms at full turn, and yes, they make it nice and shiney :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Last I checked there is a wonderful sticky at the top of this page that answers all these dumb fawking questions.:mad:

And just so you don't have to click your back button and find it, the damn tires fit, if they rub, hack the fenders.

Better yet, get a lift.

:banghead Newbies :banghead

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Will such and such size tire fit my rig??
I've got 33's that rub, I've got 33's that don't..blah, blah, blah...:banghead
I've said it before and I'll say it again...it depends on the brand of tire...check out any tire web site that gives the true dimensions of their tires and you'll find that each company is diferent on what the "true" OD of their tires are...also each company is diferent on their widths too! The width of the rim will also affect the "true" width that the tire ends up being when mounted , so there is at least three variables to consider...
To ask genericly "Does this size fit?", is like asking "Do redheads swallow?"...
The answer is the same...."Some do....some don't!" :toothless

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just for the record: My 32x11.5s rub on the radius arms whenever I turn sharp and on the rear inner wheel wells when fully flexed. My 1990 is running stock suspenion.

·
Registered
236 Posts
32 x 11.5's with stock suspension -- what's the minimunm rim width for that?

would they not rub with a different offset wheel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cooper Discoverer 33"-12.5 fit´s my -88. The car is stock. It will rub when I´m turning too much, but no practical problems. Of course a diff to my winter tires 235/75-15.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts