Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've had a few issues with this but I need help fellas. I have a 1995 ford bronco. Now beyond all the issues I have I need to get a new fuel pump assembly and it seems the only CORRECT one I can find is the motor craft one for well price varies from 250 to 500 bucks. I have a lot more other things to buy right now and can't afford to spend that on a fuel pump. Plus the previous owner replaced the fuel pump and I do believe the fuel pump and sending unit on the bronco are incorrect. I only say this cause of the botched wiring job to bypass one of the clips wiring. So please I've exhausted every idea and already spent 156 bucks on a false advertisement that the partsgeek will not honor (it was listed as a full assembly but was just the electronic pump and screen). I contacted the company (partsgeek) about the situation and they would not respond. So any help would be great I would rather just get a new fuel pump assembly and not spend an arm and a leg to get it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff’s Bronco graveyard sells what it sounds like you are looking for. I was just perusing last night for some ideas on my upcoming swap.

Yeah I've seen that fuel pump but I can't really fork out that money I keep seeing fuel pumps cheap but for 19 gallon tanks its damn annoying

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Fuel pumps are rated by flow rate at a specified pressure. As long as the pump will fit in your tank and deliver the needed flow rate at rail pressure it should work. I have a carbureted truck so I haven’t physically seen how an in-tank pump setup works. But I also haven’t seen any name brand bare pumps less than $100.

Good luck on the search and hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

·
Super Moderator
5,173 Posts
I think the issue with a 19 gallon (which is probably for a truck, not a Bronco) is it might not be deep enough. So, it might only reach 2/3 of the way down and you'll never get fuel off the bottom of the tank, etc.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
809 Posts
I had to add a higher volume pump. I bought a walbro and attached it to the original unit.
Wood Engineering Electrical wiring Gas Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Wood Motor vehicle Engineering Electrical wiring Gas

Reactions: elovlie

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
347 Posts
I also was hunting for a while till I realized I had to pay top dollar for the one from bronco graveyard.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,965 Posts
but was just the electronic pump and screen
I did just the pump & screen. It was a lot cheaper than the whole assembly & pretty easy to do.

I did Steve83's routine for cleaning up the sender instead of replacing it. That has worked well for years & saved me some dough.

I also did the fuel pump access panel instead of dropping the tank. That way I can get back to it easily on the trail if needed. This thread has become sort of a gathering place for adding an access panel: fuel pump access panel Read the whole thread, & I wouldn't recommend using a grinder like some show in there. There are also several other options shown in that thread.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
155 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts