Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '91 and I need some new tires...I want to put some Wrangler MTR's on there...are they any good?? and eventually I'm going to lift it 4 in. or so, and I would like to have 33in. tires....couple questions, will 33's fit on a stock lift? or will I have to do some cuttin...and also, I've got 31X10.50R15's on there right now and the 33's are 12.50R15's, I would like to keep the rims I've got on there and my Mechanic and my dad have told me that the 2in. shouldn't be a problem..so will this all work out?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Look for the thread on lift and tires, and all your questions will be answered.

But for the cliff note version, Yes you will have to trim.

I have 32x11.50x15 BFG MTR's now, and they "just" clear. I still rub my radius arms at the extremes.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Yeah they fit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thougt...but my friend (who thinks hes always right) says look at my Dodge Ram...I got 33's on there right now and they rub on extreme turns...and i have WAYY more clearance than you...and blah blah blah..its just I don't mind getting 31's but when I lift it, they will seem kinda tiny so I wanted 33's...and are the MTR's any good? how about day driving on the road how bad is it?

Also if my wheels are 31X10.50 15's will 33X12.50 15's fit on the same wheel?? cuz i wanna keep my rims....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Todd, you have a custom bumper. Were you able to clear the corners of your stock bumper and the wind valence with 33's?

And as for road manners, mine are brand new but no problems so far. They actually handle pretty nice, and noise is minimal for a M/T. Not really much louder than my Cooper studded snow tires.

I think the ATR's are probably fine for 99%, but I just wanted a little more insurance for mtn road exploring. Plus they look good. ;)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
i have 33's stock. No rubbing on fenders, but they rub on extreme left turns only.

It will fit, your friend is wrong, prove him wrong.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,849 Posts
33s fit. MTRs are expensive as sh*t. 33x12.50x15s on stock wheels will rub the radius arms at full lock and may rub in the rear wheel wells while flexing. My old 33x12.50x15s did. Will clear the stock bumper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hes the kinda kid whos "always right" and hes like Ill be you 100 bucks and blah blah blah...at the time he actually sounded right, cuz he does have alot more clearance than me and hes got 33's so...and what about the rim????

So is the verdict...they will fit and just rub on extreme turns...and will that rim fit it???

hehe luckly I work at a shop...so i get price on it plus i can put them on myself...so I'm lookin at 199.95 each for 33's :rockon

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
ChevronBroncoBoy said:
So is the verdict...they will fit and just rub on extreme turns...and will that rim fit it???
Pretty much, and yes the stock rims will work.

I got mine at the Ford Stealership, but they were actually the cheapest out there by $50/tire. I paid $230 ea, with free mounting and balancing. The other tire shops wanted at least $275 plus mounting and balancing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so it sounds like its just trial and error, throw em on...where they rub...cut and so on and so forth..thanks guys! im excited to prove my buddy wrong!

And since I dont have to pay to balance them or anything..I can put Sticky Weights on the inside so you cant see those damn weight on the outside...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Oh it is. Ford Canada has a national program with BFG, so they get them cheap. Plus I am a very long-term customer, and so I don't pay full mark up or labour for anything anymore. They serviced my 83 T-bird, then my 88 Crown Vic, and now my 92 Bronco (plus my work vehicles). I am a friggin Ford Poster Boy. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also...whats a good site for some nice rims that would fit that?? I have trouble findin that shit out...

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,355 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you sure STOCK rims, which are only 8" fit 12" tires? From what I've been told 11.50 is the highest that you would really want to go to? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just go with that because I don't want to take the risk of trying that one out!

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Yes a 12" tire will fit on a 8" rim. and yes you can run 33x12.5x15 with no lift with out any problems. I have 33 on my 90 with no lift and i wheel the crap out of it and i have no rubbing at all

·
Registered
238 Posts
Iv'e got 33's on my 84 with no lift and no problems.

·
Registered
610 Posts
you can also get 33x10.5 and 33x11.5 in BFG MTR's

Maybe the 10.5's wont rub as much as the 12.5's most people get when buying 33's

Arent our stock wheels 15x7?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm running 33x12.5x15's BFG MT's on 15x8" rims on my 1990 Bronco.I run 30 PSI in the tires on the street and the wear is fairly even(I rotate the tires every 6000 miles).Only rubbing is on the radius arms on sharp turns.No lift and the sway bars are hooked up.Go for it,it will work.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
only 8" fit 12" tires?
Yup,12.5's will certainly fit on 8's
smileybry said:
Arent our stock wheels 15x7?
you are correct, but they will still fit

Also search for steering stop adjustment...there is pics in the thread from 2 weeks ago

1 - 20 of 38 Posts