Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
This answered my question. So you can get a 12.5"wide tire on these stock 7.5" wide wheels.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've got 33x12.50R15s on my Bronco. They only rub on the botttom of the front bumper. I'm not sure of the dimensions of the wheels themselves, however (besides the diameter).

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
You'll be more likely to get a new response from someone who's still around. The post you quoted was from 7 yrs ago.
You'll probably find what you're looking for in here: Wheels/Tires
Where this thread should be. Welcome to FSB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You'll be more likely to get a new response from someone who's still around. The post you quoted was from 7 yrs ago.
You'll probably find what you're looking for in here: Wheels/Tires
Where this thread should be. Welcome to FSB.
Thank you my friend, I was worried about that, it was more post as a cry into the void of this forum. I super appreciate your response

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
28 Posts
I ran 33x12.50s on my 85 with zero lift, however it had the snow plow package and rode high for a stock bronco.
My sister ran 33x12.50s on her 89 Bronco, all stock, saggy and low, with zero issues. They will touch the radius arms at full lock but they fit great!

·
Eric
2,547 Posts
I had 33x12.5's and 33x10.5's on the BKO before the lift. I had less RA rub with the 10.5's, but it was still present at full-lock while driving forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had 33x12.5's and 33x10.5's on the BKO before the lift. I had less RA rub with the 10.5's, but it was still present at full-lock while driving forward.
Do you still run the 1.5 super lift? I'm thinking about. Rough country 2.5 lift to rock 33s or 35s...don't know if it's enough though. I just want a little lift, nothing obnoxious

·
Eric
2,547 Posts
Do you still run the 1.5 super lift? I'm thinking about. Rough country 2.5 lift to rock 33s or 35s...don't know if it's enough though. I just want a little lift, nothing obnoxious
I do. They're actually just leveling springs sold by JBG. They're made by Superlift, come in Superlift packaging, and have "Superlift" printed on the springs themselves. I also bought 1.5" blocks for the back, but those ended up providing more rake to the vehicle than I wanted and I opted not to use them. If I towed/hauled stuff a lot (had a lot of weight on the back end) I would run the blocks. However, the vehicle sits almost perfectly level with the springs and rides only an 1/8" higher in the rear. What I like the most is that the springs are dual-rate coils and provide waaayyy more "hang" for the tire when you're wheeling. Also, I needed to install 2.5* camber bushings to get the vehicle to align correctly. I just wanted to run the most lift I could without having to install drop brackets and pitman arm. I don't enjoy cutting/drilling on my vehicles more than I absolutely need to and try to avoid it.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
I just wanted to run the most lift I could without having to install drop brackets and pitman arm. I don't enjoy cutting/drilling on my vehicles more than I absolutely need to and try to avoid it.
My old '89 had a 3" body lift with no other lift modifications or extensions needed.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
I had a 90 F150 with a body lift running 33x13 boggers when I bought it. No rubbing. Not quite what you wanted... but that's the info I have. On my 96 f350, 35x12.50 fits stock, but does hit the front bumper when turning. I need to space the bumper out before driving it.

Also, moving this to the wheel and tire section...

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
35s will rub with a 3" or smaller lift of any kind. Even with a 4" suspension lift, you'll have to trim or space out the front bumper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Totally agree with BigBlue. I have a 4" lift and initially ran 33x12.50 with it. I had to trim my front bumper. Changed to 35x12.50 and had to trim a little more.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts