Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i searched and found some usefull info but couldnt find everything, right now i have 31" A/T on my truck its a 1991 Bronco XLT with a 5.0 stock gearing im not sure of, isnt it like 3.55? anways will there be a noticable decrease in power with stock gears? or will it pretty much be the same? Now the MAIN QUESTION, ive read in some threads that 33" Tires on stock gearing with a TTB front end will screw up and blow your gears, is this true? no one ever gives any info on it they just say that 33" tires will blow your TTB Gears and Break it. 80% of the time im on the road the other 20% i would say im either driving it rough over bumps and offroading, i dont really do anything major but i do rough it up a bit. in all honesty from what you guys have experianced is it worth it to get 33's? or stay with 31's? i dont really wanna hear all this TTB Sucks stuff trust me ive heard it allready hehe but will 33's mess my gears and whatnot up with my stock gears? Oh yes also will this be bad for my engine/trans since it will have to work a little harder? ALSO if you can please go in detail, what parts you broke and if it was because of the bigger tires or not.

Thanks Very Much,
Luke

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I've got 33's I like them. I've broke a lot of parts but I'm tough on parts. Go for it you'll like it

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
keep in mind todd is the weirdest luck having bastard on this site. i have 33s on mine and so do a lot of people and nothing tore up. yet

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts