Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Eric
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I've decided to keep my 33's and ditch the wheels I picked up a little while ago. I was going to run 32x11.5x15's on 7.5's to solve my RA rubbing issue. Screw that. I wanna keep the ground clearance and footprint I have with the 33's, but, I still want to eliminate the RA contact. I've decided I'm okay with a little wider base-width.

So, my question(s):

If you have 33x12.5x15's on 8" wheels and have no rubbing on your truck's RA's with the stock suspension, what wheels, specifically, are you running? What's your offset?

I've gone though catalogs and think I need some real-world data that I know, for sure, will work. I know I can change my steering stops, but, I don't want to. I like my turning radius where it's at for city parking lots.

Thanks guys,
Eric

·
Eric
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone?

Eric

·
Eric
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,689 Posts
sorry Eric. wish I knew. I've had 35's on 15x10's without any rub but that was a life-time ago and numbers aren't my strong suit. :brownbag

I rubbed the fenders with the 3" body lift... but the wheels cleared the stock RA's. had to remove all of my postings from back then though, when I went through my old custody battle... so I can't even look back to the thread I made back then with all the descriptions. sorry man.

few pics of my old '89, "Stoned Bronco"... not that they will help much. :shrug

I actually didn't like the wheels that much. Too "soft" of a design for my taste, but I got a sweet deal on them off the showroom and they had the right fit. Wish I could remember or find more to tell you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
15x8 US Wheel Chrome Modular, 3-3/4" backspace (standard, nothing special).

Tires make a huge difference. My Super Swamper Radials never rubbed, but the tread width was only about 9" on the 33X12.50 size.
I had a set of generic 33x12.50 AT's that had a tread width about 10" and they rubbed all over everything, fenders to radius arms.

·
Eric
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Pepe`. Damn, that's a sweet rig. A picture is worth a thousand words. I don't mind searching and I will find what kind of wheels those are and the specs on them. So, those are 15x10's? They look good. That's just about what I'm planning on, too. Maybe, not 15x10's (however, they might become a back-up option), but, I want to use 2" leveling springs.

For what I'm gonna use the BKO for, that provides just enough fender space for articulation. I want to keep the ride height stock-ish because I use my truck for work and am, constantly, in and out of the back with my gear/tools. I have been getting some serious OT at work and am up for a pay increase. I'm gonna hit the BKO hard and start my resto-mod build. It will focus on how far all the stock limits of the BKO can be tweaked with factory-produced parts. Motor, tranny, diff, suspension, computer... everything. It'll be fun.

So, that old wheel/tire combo used to just rub the fenders? Was that with the steering wheel turned and at full-stuff, or, when would it make contact?

Also, thanks MDG. I never, really, thought about tread width. I didn't think it would vary that much. I have a set of General Grabber AT2's and they just hit the RA's by, about, 5/8". 3-3/4" seems to be the most popular offset for 15x8's. If I can't get them to fit, I'll have to fab up some offset RA's like Saltlife is doing in his thread. Glad he posted that thread, too. I always wondered how difficult something like that would be.

Thanks much guys,
Eric

·
36,689 Posts
So, that old wheel/tire combo used to just rub the fenders? Was that with the steering wheel turned and at full-stuff, or, when would it make contact?
don't forget the 3" body lift. ;)

:thumbup

·
Eric
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those were the 35's you were talking about, too, right?

So, those pics are of a 3" body lift and 35's on 15x10's with the only rub being on the fender well lip at full stuff. Correct? Just making certain I have all the ducks in a row.

I wonder if 15x10's, maybe, have a different backspacing than 15x8's and that's why they don't rub on the RA's. With my 33's (instead of the 35's you have in the pics), and 2" leveling springs, those wheels just might clear; with zero rub anywhere. Time to hit up Google and do some research.

Thanks, Pepe`.

Eric

·
36,689 Posts
So, those pics are of a 3" body lift and 35's on 15x10's with the only rub being on the fender well lip at full stuff. Correct? Just making certain I have all the ducks in a row.
Nail on the head buddy. Good luck! Let me/us know what you come up with. :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts