Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine let me test fit his 33x12.50's Cooper Discoverers SST's on 15x10 DC 1's. Not sure of the backspacking...but I do know it is too much. I don't know much about backspacing...but I hope it will make a huge difference in fit if I go with a smaller backspacking. Seems crammed in there pretty hard. And not only am I gonna have to trim, but the tires seems so close to the fender on the back of the wheel well. Will backspacking make a difference with that? Other then that issue, I think it looks solid. I couldn't stop staring at it when I had them on. It was hard to go back down to my wore out 31's. Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
that's about the correct backspacing, IMO. Spacing the tires way out just makes you run through bearings and ball joints faster. Plus, it's a real paint killer, which I'm sure you don't want. Backspacing does not affect wheelbase (the "front-back" position of the tires)

Your front tire placement is very, very wrong. My stock Bronco with 33s has WAY more room than that behind the tire. Have you repositioned the radius arms? If not, I guess your putting longer than stock coils on the stock suspension has caused your arms to rotate back a little, thereby shortening your wheelbase. I suggest losing the leveling kit.

EDIT: I see now, your wheel is turned a little in the pic from the side. Your radius arms are probably not off as I suggested earlier. However, your tall coils probably have made you lose a little wheelbase, which is contributing to your clearance problems. I can turn lock to lock with 33x12.50s on my Bronco and it doesn't get that close (with the stock wheels, or 15x10s). I still suggest you go back to stock coils, or get longer arms to get you back where you need to be.

EDIT2: VERY nice Bronco BTW :twotu:

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
that is sexy right there

Those are the wheels I wanted, but the price kinda eliminated that idea

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Backspacing looks almost perfect for that combination on your truck. Each truck is a little different on where a tire rubs. Like Hopper said his doesn't rub at all with 33"s but mine rubs with 32's before and after I lifted mine.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
You may want to consider 15x8s. I ran a 33x12.5 on a 15x8 and was able to tuck the tires much better than that.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Damn I want some bigger tires again...

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,827 Posts
Im usually not a fan of those wheels, but they look really good on your truck. The 33s look like BEEF on your truck with the leveling kit. A little tight, but it looks almost perfect.

·
Registered
832 Posts
looks good. i know what u mean by putting your 31's back i do the same thing on my dd every winter. x2 on the valance, take it off before u break it off lol

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Ditch that valance below the bumper.
Ditto on that but those rims are sick on that truck. Really really nice :rockon

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Looks awsome.

·
Registered
873 Posts
For some reason I am fond of what you've got going on there :rockon

I don't know on the wheel/tire size issue, but had to reply and say your Bronco looks great like that. I did 32s on stock wheels and height but after that I lifted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.