Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
416 Posts
This is the wheel I am running. It has -50mm of offset which is the bare minimum needed. I get very, very little rubbing with 35x12.5 with my 6" lift. The key is the offset, find a wheel with at least -50mm of offset if you can find one with a 5x5.5 pattern. = Slim pickings.

·
Registered
1994 bronco xlt Sport Centaurus, red, 5.8
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you go with a wider rim just make sure to get enough offset on it or it will definitely rub on the radius arms.
You want the new wheel to match the OEM backspace as close as possible. I believe the OEM backspace was 3.25" on the 7.5 wheel.
So if you go with a 10" wheel you will need -57mm to -51mm of offset any less and you will have rubbing. You will find that this reduces the wheel options significantly.
I would personally avoid spacers but some use them.
Thanks for the info, and yeah I wouldn’t run spacers on a vehicle either

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you go with a wider rim just make sure to get enough offset on it or it will definitely rub on the radius arms.
You want the new wheel to match the OEM backspace as close as possible. I believe the OEM backspace was 3.25" on the 7.5 wheel.
So if you go with a 10" wheel you will need -57mm to -51mm of offset any less and you will have rubbing. You will find that this reduces the wheel options significantly.
I would personally avoid spacers but some use them.
So the rims I was looking at have an offset of -47, I’m guessing that means they won’t work

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So the rims I was looking at have an offset of -47, I’m guessing that means they won’t work
I found a picture of a bronco running them And I like the look of it, it’s on a 4 inch lift according to the site, which is what I will be getting. I may space my bumper out farther though before I get the lift

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
416 Posts
I think you can run these if you really like them. They will most likely rub while in full turn on the radius arms and sway bar. It is nothing major just might limit your turning radius just a bit.
It is close enough to the minimum offset. Who knows, they might not rub at all on your set up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
33x10.5 BF Goodrich 15x10 stock rims
No lift no rub great handling and I would not recommend 33x12.5 on stock rims it’ll rub too much

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I squeezed my 35" BFG mud terrains under my stock 1996 with just some bumper trimming. Rubbed a little on the RA at full turn so I took the front ones off and sported the back with 35" and the front with 31".

Now that winter is over in Georgia i might put the 35" back on the rear to squeeze another year out of my well worn 31" all terrains.

My 1993 with a 6 inch lift is in the background sporting the 31"s … but she was looking very un-loved with the small tires .. So i did not want any photos.

All my tires are still on 15" rims. I'm just waiting for the smaller 15" rim to come back around in style…. You know it is going to happen

·
Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LSD FR+RR
459 Posts
I like the pizza cutter look on the older broncos.Broncos. Anyone running 285s on 16s? Would be a bit of an in between size
I had 265 85 R16... I liked them.. can't find them anymore but they were skinny and tall. I run 33x10.5.. the front tires are right in line with the fender... also, good in mud... IMO I don't like the tires stick out unless your are going 35" and beyond.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Really like the way 35" mud terrains fit under the rear of the stock ride height. With the fender flares they fill the space great.

31" x 10.50" in front. It actually sets decent besides my headlights facing directing in front on the tires now..... and of course that nice roar of mud tires

This is the 35 inch tire on the front. It rubs the wheel well plastic and just clears the RA arm at full turn. Since I trimmed the Bumper I have no issues at the front. As you can see I'm starting the loose these tires to dry rot since my 1993 tranny is gone. I need a new set of tires for 1996 and want to get what life is left on the 35" … but really do not want another 6 inch lifted Bronco. I think if was willing to cut up my fender wells the 35" would work stock. I'm hoping that the 2.5 leveling kit from rough country will give me enough to clear those 35" in front. My sagging stock springs replacement alone should get me at least an inch. I'm not going to wheel the 1996 since it is my daily driver … and I see these young guys dropping everything to the ground and barely clearing speed bumps.. so how bad could a Bronco be running a tight tolerance on a mall crawler? It just sucks that I cannot go into 4wd with the smaller front tires … that is why I leave the same size front and back during the winter... just in case.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
583 Posts
Small warning and you all probably know better. 33x10.50x15 is a very popular UTV tire size and I doubt they are rated for Bronco weight.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,099 Posts
Im running 285/75-16s on my econoline... 31.5x9x16 for us non metric folks
Swamper Irok ND 10 ply radials for about 150 a piece. No 'significant' tread wear in about 8000 miles.

Swamper makes a 38x11 bogger that i really wanna try out

21 - 33 of 33 Posts