Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

Chances are they will need to be trimmed more to not rub while offroading.

·
Registered
41 Posts
use painters tape to get the line you want then make a few pratice cuts under your line to get used to how it cuts and stuff like that, and make lots of relief cuts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I used an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Really simple. I made a pattern for the other side by taping a piece of cardboard in the wheel opening, tracing it and cutting it out. Then taped the pattern to the other side and marked around it.

I cut off the back corners at the first style line...An inch or so above the line cut on the back corner in that picture.

·
Registered
668 Posts
dont cut your vehicle up, i could fit 35's on the stock rims on my bronco with only a 2 inch coil pad in the front, 50 dolla on ebay

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think alot of it depends on the width of the tires too. I've got 33x12.50's and it rubs like all hell. Not to mention with stock gearing, you're going to end up with some power issues, and lotsa strain on your drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
dont cut your vehicle up, i could fit 35's on the stock rims on my bronco with only a 2 inch coil pad in the front, 50 dolla on ebay
Just because they fit driving in a strait line on pavement doesn't mean they actually fit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Reviving from the dead

Yes, you can stick 35's on a 0" lift 80-86 Bronco. I did that today, 35x12.50r15's Wrangler MTR's on the stock 7" rim, no lift on the Bronco (yet!) and no trimming of the sheet metal.

Not too much rub on the radius arms. This is as far as I can crank over the wheel before I start to rub. Not too shabby

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to get a lift, probably 4" and trim the fenders to get rid of some rust. But it's do-able without a lift.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
well

Thanks for your post.
you can fit worn 35s on a 88-91 depending on offset , the areas mine rubbed where radiator support , the Rear of the front fenders , the front of the rear fender, front bumper(a big one) and the radius arms. all fixed now(minus radius arm)

also at full flex you couldn't turn the wheel, so trimming is needed

here is what i trimmed at bottom of post
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196333

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had my 35x12.5 on my 86 before the 3 inch lift went on and they for good truck looked pretty aggressive as well and it rubs on sharp sharp turns on the radius arms and very little on the wheel well. With the lift they only rub still on the radius arms. Thinking of off setting the tire with some spacers by 1/2 - 1 1/2 inch. I had 32x11.5 on before the bigger tires and they did not rub at all.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
We put 1 1/2" wheel spacers on the 86 & eliminated the fronts rubbing on the radius arms. I really don't like the sound swampers make when rubbing the tread blocks on metal. Even with spacers the back tires still rub a little on the insides of the fenders, but never make noise so I don't care. All rear inner fenders are cut out & most of front inners removed. Outer metal all gone so no rubbing there.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts