Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine and Ive run 35s for about a year now. I do however want to get it off the stock carrier and build a custom mount for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got a 36" swamper on a 15x10 wheel on mine. My latch is a little funked up, so I have to run a bungy cord to help keep it closed or it will fly open on hard hits. No problems otherwise though. 85 model. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Danny

·
Registered
34 Posts
35x12.5 tire on a 15x10 rim on mine, no problems.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a 35 on mine, I had to mount it backwards to get it to fit.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I have 36x12.5 TSL on my spare tire carrier both on 8 and 10" rimsn no problems with either I don't let it hang open for a long time though as once it's off the lock on the tail gate it drops an inch or so

·
Registered
130 Posts
You asked:

Why do ya need a 35" tire for a spare anyway???

So you can keep wheeling when you have lockers in both the front and rear.

Danny

·
Registered
34 Posts
SNIBB and Midnight,

Thanks. I have a Rancho 3" lift kit and a 3" body lift. I just put the roof back on since Winter is on the way. Here are a few more pics. Not trying to be a pic whore, I LOVE looking at pics of other people's Full Size Bronco's.

I have a subscription to BroncoDriver magazine and it is full of Baby Broncos so this site is the only place to see lots of good pics of FSB's. :D

I like a full size spare because I go wheeling in some very remote areas and don't like to limp home on a donut, plus I think a smaller donut spare looks like $hit on the back of my rig. :thumbup

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
That is one beautiful rig! Very nice my man, very nice!

:thumbup

·
Registered
463 Posts
i wish i could leave my top off the whole summer. but marylands got a lota rain. & my moms expodition gets the 1 garage spot. but whenever i DO take the top off, i gota watch over it cuz the $2000 stereo. but anyways, spotless engine huze. & i love the diamond plated tailgate.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
hUZE24 That is a sweet bronco. Wish mine still looked that good.

You must have spent a lot of time on it. I rearly see if ever a bronco in that good of shape in that body style.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts