Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
SMOOTH,

Thank ya' man! There's a lot of work in it.

SNIBB,

I live in a small West Texas town and the weather is great year round' with little rainfall. It gets a little noisy though with that top off, the peace and quiet is nice. I have an in-dash DVD player in mine but don't have to worry about theft. We all carry guns out here.

Those pics were taken after I detailed it. It takes me a day to clean/detail that pig after I go wheeling. It ain't no fun and it doesn't get that squeaky clean too often. I use two great engine detailing products to get the motor looking like that after a day of wheeling.

I had the diamond plate custom cut for my rig as I did not want to put the factory metal panel back on after the repaint. Didn't like the factory panel anyway and thought the diamondplate looked cool. The Heeps, Baby Broncos and FJ40's aren't the only ones that can look cool with diamondplate on the body. That is the only place there will be diamondplate on my Bronco though. :thumbup

MattB,

You can barely see it in the pics, but I have a 48" Hi-Lift on my spare tire carrier. No noise either.

Bronco85,

Thanks! I have a lot of time, money, and effort in it. There is close to $13.5K in it so far. She was a rust free, non-abused cherry when I got her except for the bad factory paint and all the body dings, dents, gouges, and scrapes.

I need to get off my a$$ and send pics in to BroncoDriver magazine and some of the 4x4 mags. You're right, you don't see many 80-86' models in this shape anymore. Most of them were trashed along with all the 76-80' Trans Ams. I will probably enter it in some car shows this Spring and Summer.

She'll be a Classic next year and the value will go up, although in this crappy economy that don't mean much. The NADA prices in the link don't include the 4x4 and 351W options, they make the price go up almost a grand.

http://www3.nadaguides.com/Values/V...akeId=1065&VehicleId=49296&Year=1983&ColorId=

· OMG IT RUNS
358 Posts
I have a 35 x 12.5" Swamper on a 15 x 10" wheel. It fits, but I want to build a custom bumper with the mount on it. It's putting a lot of stress on the body, I already have a stress crack around the bottom of the taillight. I haven't had to use the spare yet, but I imagine it will be a huge pain in the ass to take it off and put it back on.

· Registered
15 Posts
bigdave,

It is a HUGE pain to take off and put on. I want a custom bumper/tire carrier as well with a bracket for a jerry can. They make some sweet ones for Heeps.

I have been thinking about contacting a welder and getting something custom made. I have seen a nice on on some guy's Bronco page, it was linked to one of the Big Bronco sites.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.