Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any body heard of a 350 gear ratio. i bought a 1982 full size bronco with a 351 mod with a 9" rear end and we think it has a 350 gear ratio. i have asked locals and know one has ever heard of a 350 ratio. it also has a factory tool box under the hood which no one has ever seen before . my buddy has 9 broncos and has never seen one either . if any body got any input it would greatly be appreicated. thanks dewbug111

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
It is very possible that it has a 3.5:1 gear ratio if it is a 9" rear end.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
:stupid I have 3.50:1 in the front and 3.55:1 in the rear..

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
thread doesn't belong in Tech Write-ups, so I've moved it

The 3.50 gears are more commonly found in the 78-9 Broncos, but Ford and their infinite wisdom could have kept installing those gears for as long as it took to run out of their inventory, while changing to 3.55 at the same time. Either way, it's only a .05:1 difference... you'll never be able to tell

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Axle code I6 or H6 is common. The Ford 9" rearend with 3.50:1 gears was used up thru 86 models, even though the Ford 8.8" replaced the 9" in 83. The last year for the 351M was also in 82. The underhood "toolbox" is about as common as the underhood light. My 84 Bronco has both of these mods with the 9". I've seen 6 others just locally that way from 84-86. Ford put a bunch of different model parts on the trucks and Broncos in the 80's, so the point is to ID an item before repairing or replacing it. The good thing is that many of those parts interchange and have the same bolt patern (like transfer cases).

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
Its the most common gear ford used.:shrug

·
Registered
231 Posts
yup, I have 2 sets of axles, with 3.50:1 ratio...and 1 with 3.73:1....still looking for the stocker 4:10 44/9" combo though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts