Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
why you say that?
Because the Australians had the cleveland blocks all the way into the 80's. In the US, the clevaland was made for 4 years, 1970-1974.

So for you to have a "cleveland", someone has changed out the motor.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
if the bronco was carbed it could be done but not common. the 351c was a great car motor making good power just hi in the rpm range which doesnt help a heavy vehicle like the bronco. the aftermarket is limited also.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
High in the rpm range ?? MOST 351c motors had 2v heads- power low in the rpm range- The 351c is perfect for the Bronco.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
the 351c was built like a 302 is today. made to really rip at hi rpms.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
When I built my drag motor I chose the 2v heads over the 4v heads {CHI heads} Best of both worlds-

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Uh.... 2v - 4v in reference to the 351C determines the carb barrel size.

Both a 4V (4-barrel carburetor) performance version and a 2V (2-barrel carburetor) basic version were built, both with 2 valves per cylinder.
The only difference in heads:

The '2V' head had a open, almost hemispherical shaped combustion chamber while the '4V' sported a Quench type combustion chamber

And yes, I've seen several '78 & '79 Broncos with 351C's under the hood. Although not original, they were still there.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
2v, smaller intake and exhaust ports, 4v, huge intake and exhaust ports ... They have quench chambered 2v and 4v heads, They have open chambered 2v and 4v heads, They have hyraulic 4v quench chambered heads, The '78-'79 Bronco has heads that look alot like 2v 351c heads but they do not flow as much, A nice upgrade for the 351M and 400 equiped Bronco is to get a TRUE 2v 351c head {1973 on back} and bolt them on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah clevelands are really limited on parts availability.. and what parts you do find will not be for low rpm HP/TQ most parts will be for high rpm racing applications.. I got a 408 cleveland in my 73 mach 1 its a beast.. i however couldnt fathom it in my bronco..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts