Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the timing on the Bronco tonight since I had time and found I stabbed it at 10 ATC! Whoops.. The truck idled fine and everything just didn't have powa.. So i got her timed to 14 degrees, and with one year old 87 octane gas in the tank took it around the block.. Holy cow! It smoked the tires in first gear (the tires are my neighbors 235/75/15's) and felt like it pulled the tires off the ground, lol.. The rear axle is one foot forward of a lightnings so its easy to get that sensation..Plus without the extra weight of the 4x4 running gear this thing scoots! Now to finish up the exhaust and get this thing painted.. Me sooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does the gt40 heads have the hookups for a crossover tube in the rear. On my 351w which is carb it has a crossover tube from 1 head to the other for the emmisions. I used my stock head cause I was told they didn't make alu head for my motor and if I wanted upgrade I had to get lighting heads.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Emilio said:
Does the gt40 heads have the hookups for a crossover tube in the rear. On my 351w which is carb it has a crossover tube from 1 head to the other for the emmisions. I used my stock head cause I was told they didn't make alu head for my motor and if I wanted upgrade I had to get lighting heads.

There are tons of aftermarket heads that have that option. Trickflow, edelbrock, afr....

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Or expoder Gt-40P's or ported E7TE's

Gt-40 intake(is an EFI intake) TFS heads :rockon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes

You can pretty much use any aftermarket head as long as they are the emmissions legal version.. AFR, TFS, edelbrock all have emission version.. I have ported tfs's on mine which has the canted 2.02 intake valves..Best bang for the buck..I have pics but they are on 3.5 inch floppies and my new comp has no floppy drive!:banghead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts