Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ´86 efi with AOD and I want to swap to a 351 carbed. I don´t want to change or modify the AOD, which 351 should I look for 351C, 351M or 351W in order to make a "bolt over" swap?
Regards
Rodolfo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your support. I´m looking for one, but I guess shipping will be a little expensive from USA to Buenos Aires, and by local regullations is impossible to import used parts. So 351 W will bolt over to my AOD transmission? No mods required?

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,488 Posts
As long as the replacement 351W uses the same balance flexplate as the EFI engine that issue is covered. The next problem is adapting the TV cable to the carburetor. Take a look here near the bottom: http://www.ford-aod.com/ they list a TV cable and adapter for use with carb. setups. If you screw up the TV cable adjustment your AOD can burn up in a few miles.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
351/AOD Only the Crown Victoria's were offered with that combination. Make sure you get the right one or you'll starve the AOD and burn it out.. (It happened to me) =( There's plenty of threads on this site talking about it.

I need to start getting ready for work.. If you haven't found it later when I log in I'll try and dig it up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts