Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Looks wicked man! :rockon

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
looks real good. WHy didnt you step up to 4 barrel??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lack of funds for the 4bbl, im gunna pay off the credit card for the 400 then move on to the 460 I got layin around. I'll have more pics tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
great work, but I knowticed 2 things.

first the cam was dry in the picture. shouldn't it have been covered with assembly lube?

second you built such a awesome engine but your killing it with that orange can. do yourself a favor and get a FL-1A from ford.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Very clean job...looks good. Did you make it to Custom Diffs this year?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

me and the rig

jopes said:
great work, but I knowticed 2 things.

first the cam was dry in the picture. shouldn't it have been covered with assembly lube?

second you built such a awesome engine but your killing it with that orange can. do yourself a favor and get a FL-1A from ford.
1. that pic was taken right before we lubed the cam.
2. I do have an FL-A1, the orangs can is there for the 20 min breakin, then i'll change it
50Gunner said:
Very clean job...looks good. Did you make it to Custom Diffs this year?
nope got hammered and body didnt wanna move to go:( but I heard it was awesome, lots of rolled trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
400 ford

Hey did you do any special machining to motor? I'm getting ready to help a friend do up his 400 and do some paticular machining to help things out. I'm new to this site but not to ford motors and making power. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wyoming4x4 said:
Hey did you do any special machining to motor? I'm getting ready to help a friend do up his 400 and do some paticular machining to help things out. I'm new to this site but not to ford motors and making power. Talk to you later.
no, I didnt do any machining but the block was already .040" over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts