Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 ford bronco that i bought for a project truck. i have the body off and i just did a compression test and found out that a few cylinders are bad. i am going to but a rebuilt motor and i need to know how much trouble it would be to replace the 351M with a 400? i dont have the money to do a 460 swap just yet. the new motor does not come with valve covers or manifolds or timing cover and i know i will need to replace these with new parts specifically for the 400. so i am wondering if the 400 will bolt direct up to the tranny using all the same mounts as the 351M.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
direct swap.

only difference between the 400 and 351M is crank and pistons. everythign else is the same or swaps to either engine

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes. the 351m is the same motor as the 400 just different crank and pistons.Everything else is the same because its the same block.I just had my 351m rebuilt to a 400.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok... thanks for all of the help... do you think its possible to stack body lifts? like if i wanted to do a five inch body lift buying a 2" and a 3" and stacking them?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
just to get some extra height. because i havent seen any body lifts taller than 3" for sale

Just following what everyone else says..

There is a reason why one is not created..

Not only would it look reCOCKulous, but it most likely doesnt function properly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mine cost me $1700.00 thats with a comp cam,balancing ,3 angle valve job all new parts,lifters,springs oil pump and all the standard stuff you get with a rebuild if you go to a good shop.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Why? Oh god why?
you of all people answer. your sig is a 4 cylander notch. all stock.nice stock rims.

hey one of many mustangs i have. tired of seeing it. get a decent set of rims. i would like to see the bronco. ya know the brown thing.
stacking body lifts? no one likes a body lift. i have one. still dont like it. we all know i am a picture whore.

stacking body lifts are bad.running over notchs? funny:chili:.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts