Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... finally got the windsor in the truck and wired everything up. I have gas, compression ,and when i checked the spark at the plug it looked weak. have no clue why:scratchhe but this problem only came about after the alternator was hooked up. before the alt was put on in ran for bout a minute then died from the cylinders loading up with gas and wetting the plugs thoroughly. 4 and 8 are always the worse of the 2..my guess is the way the windsor sits higher in the front .who knows. tried it a couple more times after dryin the plugs blowin the cylinders out and changing the oil..but its still not running just get a couple pops then it loads up again.. someone told me 2 try a hot set of plugs and mess with the dist. till it fires. Sound Good? anything will be helpful!
thanks
ian

·
Registered
247 Posts
what kind of alternator are you using, and voltage regulator? Is it a "1wire", or the factory setup, with the seperate wires for everything? Check the grounds at the coil...and, otherwise, timing could be off perhaps? I don't have a whole lot fo room to talk with all the trouble I've been having with mine lately, but, maybe it'll help...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the alt. that im running is the factory set up with wires goin to everything... idk if my dist. would be causing this problem its a mallory 85 series with an hei coil. i dont like the way they have you run the wires but it works.. the spark just looked a little weak when i tested it at the top of the plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts