Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went offroadin today and somehow i ran out of transmission fluid..i mean BONE DRY...i couldnt go in reverse and it sucked. I got Some fluid..but i cant find where to put it...and i dont know how..do i just pour it in there or what? I have a 351 windsor...please help if u can

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
OMG

Look on the back passanger side of the engine. Should be a dip stick there. More than likely need a funnel.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
wow. as you are looking at the engine, on the left side kinda far back and low there should be a dipstick with mabet a gray handle. pull it out and make sure, it will look different than the oil dipstick. thats where you pour in the fluid. you may want to get one of those long funnles. then after you put in all the fluid, crank it up, ease it around a bit to let it get up to operating temp and then check it with the engine running on flat ground. add if needed.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
If you dont know where to put it in how do you know its bone dry, you fill and check your trannies fluid in the same place.

Also if you were "bone Dry" better start saving up for a tranny rebuild. I bet you were just off the dip stick.

and why dont you fix whatever is leaking before putting more fluid in.

Good luck, sounds like your gonna need it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like i knew where the dip stick and all that was...but i wasnt a hundred percent sure if thats where i put the fluid in...but thanks for all yalls input...and nope i dont have to buy anything...everythings runnin great...again

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
8bronco8 said:
like i knew where the dip stick and all that was...but i wasnt a hundred percent sure if thats where i put the fluid in...but thanks for all yalls input...and nope i dont have to buy anything...everythings runnin great...again
Had to read that a few times to understand, thought you were being sarcastic. (example: Like I was supposed to know that??) The "like" threw me off.

Good to hear you got it nice and healthy again.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
8bronco8 said:
dude, apparently, it's leaking for a reason, either keep an eye on it and add fluid as needed (or you'll end up low on ATF again), or fix the problem, it's leaking from somewhere, and it may be an easy fix.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
yea dude, i have to agree with Stepchild (as hard as that is to say). That is ALOT of Transmission oil to just "disapear".

Keep an eye on that fluid level.....rebuilds ain't cheap.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
yea dude, i have to agree with Stepchild (as hard as that is to say).
hey rob, right here

j/k

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
stepchild88 said:
hey rob, right here

j/k

Damn step you one AWGLEE MOFRAWKER

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
i know oj.

·
Registered
273 Posts
8bronco8 said:
i went offroadin today and somehow i ran out of transmission fluid..i mean BONE DRY...i couldnt go in reverse and it sucked. I got Some fluid..but i cant find where to put it...and i dont know how..do i just pour it in there or what? I have a 351 windsor...please help if u can
There's your problem. The 351W does not require any ATF anywhere. Be happy. Just kidding.

Sounds like you found where to put the ATF in the transmission. Good luck. I hope the transmission did not burn up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts