Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my friend has a 351z he's going to sell me for $150 (has high mileage though) and i've never heard of a z type motor. Anyone know anything on it?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Sounds liken to bullshit to me.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Chevy did make a Z engine. It was the early vortec V6

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ford used the Z designation on their top horsepower FE engines. It's possible that he just associates Z code as a generic Ford "Hi Po" 4 barrel letter designation.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Maybe his friend has a 351w swapped into one of these

whatever engine it is, sounds like more issue than its worth.
If it runs that's not a bad price for a 351. People most people want $500 for a 200k small-bock with a fresh coat of paint.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was a ****ing gm 5.0 (Chevy 305)...................... UGGHHHH, the dude who picked it up didnt check the codes

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
it was a ****ing gm 5.0 (Chevy 305)...................... UGGHHHH, the dude who picked it up didnt check the codes
If he needs codes to tell a Ford from a Chevy engine you need to find another dude

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If he needs codes to tell a Ford from a Chevy engine you need to find another dude

x2. It could be covered in an inch of grime, at night, on a new moon, sitting in tall grass and between the style and location of the starter, distributor and water input/output you could probably tell what it is... and that's if the bell-housing wasn't a dead giveaway (if there's a single bolt at 12-o'clock it's scrap metal).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
x2. It could be covered in an inch of grime, at night, on a new moon, sitting in tall grass and between the style and location of the starter, distributor and water input/output you could probably tell what it is... and that's if the bell-housing wasn't a dead giveaway (if there's a single bolt at 12-o'clock it's scrap metal).
i really need to find a new guy.. I might just put in a 7.3 instead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts