Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am building a 400 for my mud truck it has a 351m in it now with a granny low 4 speed (whatever that tranny is called) will i have to change my cluch to a different size or is there anything else that is different that will need to be changed? i know all the parts are interchageable except the crank and pistons in the motor but i also heard the cluch is bigger with a 400 thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
this is a forum, your not texting, spell all your words out so it is easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that better? hey jopes do u by any chanch have a write up on your on board welder and could i use just any old alt like the one im taking nout to do my 3g swap?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I took the trashed 351m out of mine and installed a 400 from a Marquise. I used the flywheel and clutch from the 351. all I needed to do was install a pilot bearing into the crank of the 400. Also your transmission should be the N. P. 435.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the trashed 351m out of mine and installed a 400 from a Marquise. I used the flywheel and clutch from the 351. all I needed to do was install a pilot bearing into the crank of the 400. Also your transmission should be the N. P. 435.
so it will work then yes i already have a new pilot bearing the only parts i need is push rods and a few gaskets and she will be good to go have a edelbrock 750 on the way now with a manual choke thats a year old i picked up for $100 after its all said and done this motor is gonna have an off road cam, daul chain timing chain,oil p , feul p, water pump, crank,lifters,stock size pistons, summit headers (junk) lol all that is new and the heads, intake,and carb is used but minimall use all good to go and after it all i only have $500 in to the thing and $400 into the bronco with a 4 inch lift and 31's but i got enough in my red one to make up for it lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts