Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here's the dill I've been working on saving a crushed f150xlt 5.0 m/a for a year now and haven't had any luck getting fire wall parts so I picked up a 1993 bronco xlt oj styled with a bad head gasket id figure sense im not making any thing out of truck except may be field runner ha ha id take the engine and wiring and ecm from pick up swap it in bronco sense im on very tight budget im trying look at other forms swaps but most of them are re pins and after market any help would be appreciated thanks and advance

parts slash retired build truck -1995 f150 xlt 5.0 mass air e4od non webbed transmission (WECKED)

1993 bronco xlt 5.8l sd e4od webbed both 3.55 rear axle codes

here's my questions do I need to get in to dash wiring on the bronco

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,839 Posts
so your keeping the 5.8 in the bronco and just wanting to move the mass air harness over to the bronco. plenty have done this.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,172 Posts
I've done it and no you don't need the dash wiring. the easiest way to do it is to grab the entire MAF harness and replace your existing SD harness...

since both had the E4OD you're in good shape, just make sure you get the EEC which should be a WAY1.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 351w has lots of problems gots jbweld over the freeze plugs and one those plugs you you'd to get you home in emergency actually weldded in I have the 5.0 laying around with 156,xxx miles to I'm dealing them out the bronco has abs and possibly years also making the cab harness different wich really going crank up hrs. Of theses swapp I'll let yall know how turns out going through the speed density tracing the abs wires out marking pins as I pull them to I can go from there hopefully getting it merged with the new mass air f150 harness really appreciate the replies hoping didn't turn out like a mess now I need by more electrical tape to getting harness

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have the ecm engine and bay wire lime and all plug and play its not starting now so something hasta be different in cab wires fuel pump kicks everthing work just no spark?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reset computer got spark and it roared to life transmission harness needs couple more pins moved around but its going now to get that 351 rebuilt 302 cam dropped in fitting order sucks its not roller block going to be interesting getting right going use all the assembly lube on the cam its done

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok since this is the noobie flame free zone:) why are you all bothering to change from MAP speed density to MAF air flow systems? it seems like a headache and huge hassle to do this.
I only ask as the Bronco i was buying got sold on me before i could get to it, it was 1996 351 MAF.
The Second choice Bronco is a 1995 351 i haven't seen the car in the flesh yet but i think its MAP? it has twin intake hoses (going by a picture of engine bay) whereas the 1996 had a single intake hose with 'Y' piece at the throttle body with MAF installed just after the air filter box.

So question is, should i also look at converting to MAF if i buy this 1995 model?

ps i do know the differences, i just don't see the need to change? So long as the MAP ECU is tuneable for motor changes? (as i do intend to work this motor) and i don't live or travel through high altitude, MAP should be just fine, yes?

(Id post pics of the two engine bays to show you all but i don't have the ability? under my posting rules it says "You may not post attachments" ???)
from

I'm sorry I missed your? id say lieve it speed density unless you plan on doing a 393w or 408w ect but the speed density can be tuned I wouldn't have done these if I didn't haft to cuase I bought these bronco from inner city and it had some major engine problems and I thought I had easy swap but that's not been case sense I didn't swap the transmission with it im now currently pulling out my hair over the windshield wipers not working and so much more

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done it and no you don't need the dash wiring. the easiest way to do it is to grab the entire MAF harness and replace your existing SD harness...

since both had the E4OD you're in good shape, just make sure you get the EEC which should be a WAY1.
)= ya it was 4r70w in the truck thought it was old aode but I was very wrong

any thoughts on these I swapped the complete engine harness and fuse and wound up swapping single plug wiper moter over and I'm getting 12v and good ground just no ohms through switch being on the varble speed testing though the gounding system

im getting nothing out of the first 3 wires im getting 11.89 volts at green wire and nothing at next one over then th last one im getting ground on my truck first 3 are all hot with switch on high and 4 green main power and geeting fluxating through 5 wire then grounds a gound of course swapped the swith out and wiring in cab untouched and perfect from facory (=

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been back at the bronco for a while now and still having mini problems with wiring diagrams of the internet seem to be seem to be different when comes to the 1995 f150 5.0 ma 4r70w harness

Engine and bay harness from 4r70w f150 ma

Rest of the bronco is a 1993 bronco SD 5.8l swapped to 5.0 e40d traced most wires back to the ecm normally there like one off or toally different harnesses
any help getting right pin diagrams on the hug2/ma 4r70w truck computer and 1994 u4xo 1994 bronco computer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts