Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the middle of a swap and have not been able to source a good condition 351 fuel rail. Even looking on this site:

WTB Fuel Rail - Link

I will be using the Edelbrock 3881 intake.

I know performance products was a favorite of some, but it appears they are no longer available.

So sticking with something hopefully more affordable, I have been able to two that might work.
One is the BBK 5010 and the other is Speedmaster PCE137.1009
The BBK looks as if it may clear the ECT Tee on the manifold - has anyone had success?
The Speedmaster looks like the Performance Products rail and I see how Seattle had to fab up a new line to go over the ECT Tee. If this is required, then they get pretty close in price.

5.0 & 5.8 Fuel Rail spacing - Link

I would like to know what has been used and what would you do over. Also, how you ended up plumbing it and any clearance issues, especially with the ECT Tee.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
I ended up plumbing in an aermotive fuel pressure regualtor with 2 inlets. Then I ran AN 180 degree fittings off the front of the fuel rails and back to the regulator at rear of engine. There is a Y splitting the fuel pump supply line off to both sides of the engine.
Since I have done it this way I have had 0 issues, and it seems to offer the most clearance, with the 180's up at the front, plus it looks symetrical.

When I first put it together I meassaged the coolant T to work and it did clear eventually. I do not recall if I had to re-weld it or not. I will look when I get home.

EDIT: so I guess I am saying id just by rails by themselves and use AN fittings to make the rest of it, if I was going to to mine over agian, this is where I am at with mine now.
Another Edit, if you went to adjustable regulator maybe able to raise the pressure a little to help with the new air flow from intake. This will be esepcially important if your Speed Density. The ECM is in open loop at WOT, so the extra fuel pressure will make it run richer, though slightly.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, would like to see your setup. Aeromotive, I like their stuff, but pricey. I am hoping to utilize a stock fuel pressure regular.

Edit: I have a MAF conversion and will be getting a tune to adapt new injectors, heads, intake, cam, exhaust, etc.... I want to tune to the stock regulator for ease of replacement if I am lost somewhere and need a replacement. I am trying to do this with parts that give our when you lease expect them to.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
You could likely just use 2 90 fittings at front of each rail and loop a line, that you would make, up; to clear the coolant T. It may not look best, but should be functional. Its busy enough under there likely would be fine.
I do not disagree on the using stock parts when able to... that is also why I said Aeromotive regulator, only one I will use now that is not oem.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would use stock if I could find one in good shape. Actually would probably prefer it. I have had no joy in finding a decent one.
Steve, I'll grab a look of your at some point but for the cost, they two look preferable and the BBK might clear.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
I would use stock if I could find one in good shape. Actually would probably prefer it. I have had no joy in finding a decent one.
Steve, I'll grab a look of your at some point but for the cost, they two look preferable and the BBK might clear.
I'll search the JY tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be awesome. It is a big ask, but if possible, rust free in and out with good hoses from the later style 351. I would be indebted.
Everything out here is dry rotted or brittle to the point of cracking if bent. Other sources I have tried are rusted, usually at the FPR connections.
I am sure you understand, and you probably know that already. I just have been a little shocked of what I have seen described as perfect, like new, or excellent condition.
Again, many thanks.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Not many fords at the yard I was at today. One 5.8, in a bullnose. No rust, but quite a bit of corrosion on the joints. Not worth it imho

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Been either way to dark or raining to heavy to get pic of my setup lately... Will update thread once I get it for you though.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is the same thing I am running into... Buggar. Many thanks for looking.

I think I am gonna grab the Speedmaster, looks like it is on sale ($80ish).Then I think I fab something like Seattle's. Let's see if my WTB comes through anything.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Doh, I have a 88 parts f250 with a 5.8. I'll check it tonight.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Whoops I forgot. Just checked and it's not pretty...

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
I did massage that coolant fitting a bit

Its still close even with the 180's I used.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,638 Posts
I believe i removed that coolant tree from the intake when i went with the Eddy intake. I need to look under my hood to double check. I am still using the stock fuel rails though.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
I agree that it is not super needed. Other ways to get the coolant sensors where its reading the same.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts