Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put a 351 into my 84 soon, just a few questions are there more desirable year blocks to get or is any 351w good, i will be buitding it up somewhat, cam, intake, head work, or maybe some hp heads, maybe some bottom end work, pistons, rods ect.. also i know there were 2 valve and 4 valve heads, is the 4 valve better for performance, sorry for the obvious questions I'm a cummins guy. Anyway any suggestions would be great as far as an engine buildup goes.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
a w is pretty much a w, just be sure if you get the proper rotation water pump for the V belts.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
2v and 4v are not "valve" designations. They are venturi or carb size if you will. None the less, get a low milage long block, slap some 'luminum heads with a few smaller ccs, a decent intake, 1406 carb, and a small cam. You will not be disapointed with your decision and will be into it for only 1k or so if you pick your parts correctly. You can pretty much get a set of edelbrocks off of Corral for $700ish. I got mine loaded, locally for about that.

SWS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts