Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the swap on my 91 next week. 351w outta an 88 going into the 91(302)

my 302 has headers on it now, im trying to figure how to get the EGR to work with the 351. Since the 351 takes the exhasut from the pass side manifold...where does the 302 come from???

im thinking about modifying my summit shorties to accept the 351w EGR???

what ya think any ideas???trying to avoid having to buy another set of headers...I may use the exhaust manifolds(if there not cracked)

DC

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
302 EGR taps off the lower intake. 351 comes off the pass side manifold like you said. If you don't use a 351 exh manifold or header you can have a fitting welded on the header that will allow you to hook up the EGR tube. You know you will have to get you exhaust modified if you use 302 headers on a 351 don't you?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know about the y-pipe mods required...

on a side note...funny thing is..when i installed these headers on my 302...the y-pipe had to be modified a good couple inches wider...and they were supposed to be stock replacement..

anyone have a close up and maybe some measurements of the EGR tube off the headers...

GACK!!!??? did u put ur motor in yet...measure your headers so i can make this

thanx all

dc

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I have a set of 351 manifolds but I sold the nipple for the EGR out of it. I might still have the tube though. I'll take a look and let ya know.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I had the same issue when I did a swap from a 302 to a 351.. Thankfully I got the manifolds with my 351, but I had to change the EGR.. Best thing you can do it go to the local "pull your own part" and get the manifolds and EGR off another 351.. Easiest and cheapest way to do it.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
anyone have a close up and maybe some measurements of the EGR tube off the headers...

GACK!!!??? did u put ur motor in yet...measure your headers so i can make this
You talking about measuring the EGR tube in this pic?
I can do that for ya.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thatd be awesome...that way i can fabricate the tube and weld it to my 302 headers...can u take a pic of where the tube enters the tube on the headers...thanx GAK

dc

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
There all a little different. Mine also comes up from the #2 tube but on the stock manifold it comes right off the #1 tube up front. Putting on the #1 would probably be easiest if you're gonna do it yourself.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Did you just break you wrap job to measure something for another member? That's awesome..

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Spectre said:
Did you just break you wrap job to measure something for another member? That's awesome..
I'v got a lot of help here. If I can help another member I do my best to. I wrapped that section right back up thoe. :toothless

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Here's an idea. How bout you unwrap it, finsh putting it together and put the damn thing in the Bronco already. I'll bet you're just keeping it on the stand so you can rub your crotch on it every time you walk by it aren't you? It feels so good you don't want to lose it to your engine compartment. :goodfinge

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Here's an idea. How bout you unwrap it, finsh putting it together and put the damn thing in the Bronco already. I'll bet you're just keeping it on the stand so you can rub your crotch on it every time you walk by it aren't you? It feels so good you don't want to lose it to your engine compartment. :goodfinge
It's all waiting on $.......
They say the best things in life are free, so I guess this aint one of them. :toothless

·
Lick my
2,091 Posts
So, what about the 80-85 351 with air in head? I dont know where to hook the egr up at. I cant remember where it was when it had the 302. I know the valve was under the carb but where does the other end go?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts