Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats up? i got a few questions/need opinions. right now i have a 1995 Bronco 6" lift 35" tires regeared to 4.56... with a 351w almost stock.. got a K&N kit ignition and basic upgrades, and a muffler back dual exshaust.well im about to do some more to it. i wanna do a top and and exhaust.. what do you think i should do first? i wanna do FULL exhaust headers and everything (gonna take it to my shop and see how much for them to fabricate some stuff like X pipe and everything.) im probably lookin at around $1400 for EVERYTHING (im thinking) and i wanna do Eddlebrock upper and lower intake manifolds and i might get a BBK throttle body off of ebay. dont know if ill have enough to do the GT40 heads at the same time but atleast upper and lower manifolds. so that will be around $700 (with trottle body) long story short. do you guys think that sounds like a pretty good set up. and which do you think i should do first, Engine Top End Upgrades, OR Full Exhaust.

EDIT: alright thanks guys... looks like im going to get the bassani system.. one question though.. is the ONLY diff between the off-road and other y-pipe that the off road doesnt come with a cat so i can get a high flow cat? do they both have the same emissions set up? i read the off road still has the O2 sensor but does it have that Vacuum hose thing? is would there be any plus into getting the bassani cat back exhaust for like $500 rather than a aero muffler with a stainless tail pipe? lol thanks for your help and suggestions about not getting dual exhaust.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what bassani kit? i was thinkin about gettin mandrel bent 2.5" dual exhaust from headers back. is the bassani dual and what all does it come with and how much? and which do you think i should do first

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i searched but didnt find anything about a Bassani Kit.. i just saw something about a Y-Pipe. Do they have a kit on the Bassani web site?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Use the search button on this forum and type in bassani. There are numerous posts on this topic. Lots of good information. I have the bassani Y-pipe, bassani hi-flow cat and hooker aero chamber muffler with dual 2 1/2" outlets.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
search. this has been covered many times.

ford racing headers, summit shorty headers

copper gaskets

bassani y pipe (3"), catco y pipe

catco cat

highflow cat

autozone tailpipe

hooker aero chamber

Theres some key words for you to search with.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
search. this has been covered many times.

ford racing headers, summit shorty headers

copper gaskets

bassani y pipe (3"), catco y pipe

catco cat

highflow cat

autozone tailpipe

hooker aero chamber

Theres some key words for you to search with.
why'd you do that to me? are you trying to melt my visa?:drinkbud

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
i searched but didnt find anything about a Bassani Kit.. i just saw something about a Y-Pipe. Do they have a kit on the Bassani web site?
The "kit" that they are talking about is not sold as a kit. You buy the pieces seperatly. But doing it this way will be much better than having a shop hack together something. And I agree about ditching the idea of duals.

How much do you have budgeted for all of this, realisticly?

·
Registered
136 Posts
why don't you guys like true duels?

·
Registered
904 Posts
because you simply dont need that much flow. A single 3", or even 2.5" pipe is more than adequate for even a well modified windsor like he has planned. You actually stand to lose with true duals.

Even gacknar admits that his setup was more for individuality and "cool" factor than actually increasing his engines performance.

If you are going to supercharge it, stroke it, and boost the crap out of it, then by all means, go true duals.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
lol, I have a whole bunch of stuff laying around the house that I haven't put on yet. The fun part is buying it, the hard part is finding time to put it on.
i hear that

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
what do you think i should do first? i wanna do FULL exhaust headers and everything (gonna take it to my shop and see how much for them to fabricate some stuff like X pipe and everything.) im probably lookin at around $1400 for EVERYTHING .
Good gawd almighty !

$1400.00 for an exhaust system :shocked Are you a Vette owner or something !?:shocked

You could buy Gackner's dual system;

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77217

and have it gold plated and still come out ahead !

The easiest recipe for a high flow single system that will more than cover your projected mods is;

-($150.00 + up) Anybody's shorty headers that you like

-(@ $250.00) Bassani high flow 3" single Y-pipe

-($50.00 + up) High flow 3" cat (if you have to have one)

-(@$60.00) 3" Hooker Aerochamber muffler

-($25.00) mandrel bent 3" tailpipe from Maremont.

This $h!t bolts on and requires nearly no tweaking and mods and your muffler men would be dishonest if they charged you more than an hour and a half's labour.

Use those words Need4racin' gave you and search. You'll find oodles of info.

DO NOT give any muffler place $1400.00 :shocked

Sixlitre

·
Registered
136 Posts
because you simply dont need that much flow. A single 3", or even 2.5" pipe is more than adequate for even a well modified windsor like he has planned. You actually stand to lose with true duals.

Even gacknar admits that his setup was more for individuality and "cool" factor than actually increasing his engines performance.

If you are going to supercharge it, stroke it, and boost the crap out of it, then by all means, go true duals.
hmm didn't know that,so 3" duels all the way back with cats and no mufflers aren't helping any? but they sound good and look good?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
why don't you guys like true duels?
Becuase every other truck owner has duals. They are overrated. I have duals on my truck. I will hopefully swapping to a single 3" system. That and the fact that they really arent needed.

Listen to Six.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
hmm didn't know that,so 3" duels all the way back with cats and no mufflers aren't helping any? but they sound good and look good?
3" duals would be completly retarded.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts