Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 1986 bronco,i just got some slightly used tsl thornbirds 35 in.and would my stock rims fit the 35 in tires. i have no lift.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Street driving only you will probably be OK. I can't say for sure on your body style but on the newer trucks you will have to trim the front bumper at least....

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
I ran 12.50 wide tires on my stockers so depending on the width they may fit the rim but there is no way you can run 35's without a lift. They will rub the bumper the radius arms and the fenders on bumps. You need a 6" lift if you wanna wheel with 35's or you have to trim the fenders. Instead of cutting the bumper you can cut and reverse the bumper bracket connected to the frame and it will extend it forward about 3" and still look factory...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
since they are thornbirds i'm gunna guess that they will rub... on everything. and you are gunna need a lift. since you're running thornbirds i'd suggest a body lift. if you were running any other tire i'd suggest a suspension lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well than what size tire should i use with hardly no lift.like 33x10.5 or 31 ...something i can just put on with out any issues..i want something aggressive looking ..with out triming the fenders or lifting..:banghead

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
I ran 33x12.50x15 on stock wheels with no issues and no lift. some guys shim the front bumper out for more clearance

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 91 xlt bronco and i have 33-12.50-15 with an 11 inch wide steel wheel and i have no lift and i have no problems, would really wanna get some 35's if ya wanna trade lol

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Be glad you cant run the Thorn Turds.

They are well known in the offroad community for being the only tire that sucks at every kind of terrain there is.

There are only two good things about ThornBirds.

1. They are round, so they will roll.

2. Girls think they look cool.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Stockers are 9.5inches wide, and widest recomended to go on a 9.5inch wide is 12.5.
stockers are 15x7.5 not 15x9.5

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you can run 14.5 on stock rims. they just have to have a lot of sidewall.

for no lift, no rub, no trouble get 32's. if you wanna mess with a few very small things (bumper shims, not jumping speedbumps, ect) then 33's.

·
Registered
302 Posts
hey now, easy on the thorn turds ;-) haven't wheeled on them yet but my friend tell me they do decent for around here

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I'm running 35x14.5 Thornbirds (on a 10" wide rim) on my Explorer. I would never try to squeeze those tires on a narrower rim.

As far as the tires themselves:
They suck in the rain
They suck in the mud
They suck on the rocks
They suck on dry pavement
They are working great at holding my truck up off the ground until they get replaced!!

BUT everyone (who doesnt know anything) says "Those tires look awesome."

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I had 33-10.50 BFG M/Ts on a stock 90 eddie bauer and they were great. No rubbing at all

1 - 20 of 21 Posts