Votes: 8 18.2%
  • something else???

Votes: 4 9.1%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on buyin myself an xmas present but can't decide. Front aussie locker or a set of 35" mt's. if it were u guys what would u do??? locker'd be cheaper adn my 33" 's are only a year old(5k or so). 1point for locker. Oh and has anyone installed an aussie, or lockright in a d44?? just wonderin if u have to remove the carrier or if u can leave er in. opinions? i'll leave the decision up to u guys :thumbup

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i vote locker because ive heard a locker just makes and astronomical differance and i mean 2 inches in tire size isnt huge i dont think. just my 2 cents :thumbup

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Locker, Locker, Locker! If not, sell me the 33's with 5K on them. With 35's you are getting what? Almost 1" of extra clearance. With a locker up front.... Priceless!

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy351 said:
aussie locker in front, weld the rear. you'll be unstoppable.
got a craplock in the rear so weldin aint really an option. adn the 33s are at's so i figure that 35" mt's would be a big improvement. i'll wait a week or so to get some votes in, my decision rests in your hands :thumbup

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
drexelsteve said:
somebody voted something else...got a suggestion??
how about that harness or roll cage?????? :thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Kallure said:
how about that harness or roll cage?????? :thumbup

What are ya skeered?

Well my vote is a set of MT's, a locker is only going allow both AT's to dig a hole in the mud. But I'll get you out :goodfinge If I can figure a way to keep my distributor dry :banghead

·
Registered
677 Posts
i would say locker but not until you get used to the 460, i can hear it now "just give it a little gas" *snap* "oops"

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,652 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Well my vote is a set of MT's, a locker is only going allow both AT's to dig a hole in the mud. But I'll get you out :goodfinge If I can figure a way to keep my distributor dry :banghead
No worries, if you cant get him out, then i will :thumbup

As for the locker/tire debate......
I debated this for months, and never came to a final decision. then i grenaded my rear. So that solved that dilemna! :toothless

My locker made a world of difference offroad. It didnt make up for the fact that my old 33s were not exactly the best tire for rocks, but it made alot of obstacles that were previously a challenge much easier.

Although, i scored a set of 35" MTs for a buddy to replace his bald-as-hell 33" BFG A/T's, and it made a big difference in how his truck performed offroad.

Actually, I think i have to vote for the locker. As you said, you have a good set of A/Ts on the truck already. And besides, the A/T's will do better on the street this winter than the M/T's will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts