Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found 2 1936 Ford 2 door sedans on E-bay awhile back in Montana. Really thinking on picking them up. One is good hot rod material and the one that is the parts car I am really thinking on making it into a 4X4.
I was watching the TTC on dvd and thought it would be a blast to build something like that. Maybe a tube frame of somekind. I have a friend that is an engine builder so I was thinking of maybe a 427 sb Ford.
Shoot me some ideas. I am going to keep the body rough. Let me know what you think out there, Paul.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
So long as you are going to spend TONS of money on the project, maybe consider going for a stock restoration ?

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Yeah, Tudor bodies (and Fordor bodies, for that matter) are scarcer than hen's teeth. If newpops are available, you should use those and just use the original body as a reference for building it.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Tudor bodies (and Fordor bodies, for that matter) are scarcer than hen's teeth. If newpops are available, you should use those and just use the original body as a reference for building it.
I didn't know they were that rare. From what he told me one is in pretty good shape and the other is more of a parts car.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I can't remember if they had switched from wood to a steel inner structure for the body by 36, but if it's wood, that's something to consider. If it's wood, the body isn't going to be able to withstand a whole lot of movement without cracking. I'd plan on replacing the wood with steel unless the factory had already switched.

Other than that, I just can't see how you could make a 36 ford sedan a 4x4 and not look ridiculous. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, the only way to go with those era cars is closer to the pavement.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
I didn't know they were that rare. From what he told me one is in pretty good shape and the other is more of a parts car.
Most of what's on the road have been turned into hot rods or full concours restos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts