Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in regard to my 79 Bronco. I know I can fit a 35-37x12.5" tire underneath my 79 Bronco with 4" lift with no issues. The fenders get a little stuffed when articulating, but I prefer sand and mud environments more often than not. I have a buddy willing to pass along a smoking deal on some 36x14.5" TSL's...and I need some tires anyway, but am afraid the width of the tire is just going to be too much. Agree or disagree...is the extra width going to make that big of a difference???

I also know that rim width and backspacing can play a cruicial role. Is there a rim set up with those tires that would save my fenders (for the most part)? I have a relatively decent assortment of rims to choose from, and could score an applicable set pretty easy if need be.

·
OMF
2,956 Posts
Measure them pigs, they are not a full 36" tall, closer to 35-35.5, even less if they have been used any amount.

My 37" TSL's are just shy of 35.75" at about 1/2 worn.

I don't think you have an issue except where you already do, when you are flexing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a 4 inch lift with ,y 35x13.5s, my wheels were just 10 inches wide and had back spacing of I believe an inch and a quarter if that sounds right... the tires rubbed like mad when I turned. Other people with the same setup on 35x12.5s said they never had a problem. Food for thought I guess

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
, my wheels were just 10 inches wide and had back spacing of I believe an inch and a quarter if that sounds right...
An inch and a quarter would almost be no back spacing, most 15x10 wheels have a 3.75 back spacing.

I say mount one up and put it on and check the clearance.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys...I've had as large as a 37x12.5 SSR with an 8" rim on with the only issues coming at lock with some flex. The width, especially considering the shoulder lugs have me a bit concerned. As for mounting them and seeing what happens, the tires are 2 hours away, or I would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts