Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wonderin if anyone coudl tell me what air pressure i need to run on the street, i just got a set of 36 14.50 15 MT Baja Belted tires. on the side it has the load capacity and its #### at 20 psi cold. does this mean i should run them at 20 psi? i know this is a stupid question but any help would be nice :shrug

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
tire pressures has just been discussed .. look up at the top right and use the search button .. there may be some good info there for ya :thumbup

·
Registered
266 Posts
fordx4 bronc said:
i was just wonderin if anyone coudl tell me what air pressure i need to run on the street, i just got a set of 36 14.50 15 MT Baja Belted tires. on the side it has the load capacity and its #### at 20 psi cold. does this mean i should run them at 20 psi? i know this is a stupid question but any help would be nice :shrug
I've got a set of those right now.
That's 20psi max at 2295lbs max load on that axle.
If you want to get exact, weigh your truck, (front and rear seperately) divide that into the max rating of the tire (2295).
The quotient you get, divided into the max psi of the tire (20)
gives you your psi. Say your rear actually weighs 2295. The quotient is 1. 20/1= 20psi.
Or just do the chaulk test. :)
I haven't weighed my bronco, but I'm certain it excedes the 2295lbs rating of these tires (esp) when I haul stuff out on jobs, plus the tools and crap that's always in it.
I run around 22lbs on the road and actually they seem to be wearing nicely (if at all, so far).
I can't help but think about taking a groover to them though. They always just LOOK like they're wearing more in the middle with that tight pattern they've got in the center...

HTH

-matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts