Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a '79 Bronco HP Dana 44 under the front of my Jeep. I plan on running a wristed radius arm on the passenger side. I'll be running 37" IROK's and wondering if the tires will rub badly on radius arms when turning? A local guy suggested heating the arms and bending them to clearance the tires. He said to plate the arms for strength after bending. Anyone have any advice or know if the tires will rub badly enough to be concerned?
Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
would have to see your jeep to be sure but the 36x12.50 in mine haven't rubbed anything in front yet and i have flexed it out pretty well, after i make my radius arms longer i might have troubles though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roach57 said:
would have to see your jeep to be sure but the 36x12.50 in mine haven't rubbed anything in front yet and i have flexed it out pretty well, after i make my radius arms longer i might have troubles though
What's the offset on your wheels? My Jeep setup will be just like a Bronco as the arms can only mount one way. It's a full width 44 with casted radius arm mounts on the tubes. I hope I'm spitting out what I'm thinking correctly. :toothless

·
Registered
647 Posts
Standard 4 inch backspacing and -38.00mm offset on 15x10 cragar wheels. If it does happen to rub, i don't like doing it, but you can put some 1 or 2 inch wheel spacers on to help clear everything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roach57 said:
Standard 4 inch backspacing and -38.00mm offset on 15x10 cragar wheels. If it does happen to rub, i don't like doing it, but you can put some 1 or 2 inch wheel spacers on to help clear everything.
Yikes! The 44 is already 67" WMS-WMS. My rear Ford 9" is only 65". I was hoping to space the rear if anything. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts