Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Keep your 33's w/the 4.88's and no overdrive

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on these two different sizes. If I get the 38.5s I'll have to do some more trimming and probably get the Gorilla warflares. I think the 37s would fit cozy with the 2"bl and 5.5" lift. But I sure like the idea of 38s. I'm hoping the d44 with warn axles and ctms will hold up to either of the two. The rear 9" will have 31 spline axles---I know I'm pushing my luck with both tire sizes. The motor is a 302, trans is a c-4 and the gears are 4.88. BTW, this is for my 74 bronco. I will be driving it on the street some but mostly it will ride on the trailer if going over 30-40 miles. I'll probably be purchasing these sometime in late January or early February.

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. The 37's will be my choice. I really like the mtr's but Jopes hit it square on the head---they clog up too easy due to the gumbo mud here. I have a couple of friends that have 33 mtrs and they are a great all around tire but by far not the best in the world in the mud. I don't have any (0, zilch) rocks around here so mostly it's just mud.

Thanks again,
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.