Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one (if any) would require the least amount of modification/ changes. Does anyone know if the Cleveland is even possible with all the electronics and the E4od ?

I got a lead on a 351 Cleveland with 4 valve heads for $2300 and a 351/383 Stroker short block with 6.100" H-beam rods for $1600. (Both reman)

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
I love Clevo's, but the 383 will make your life so much easier. Cheaper, will bolt right in, use alot of the 302 parts. You cant even get EFI for the clevo unless you spend big money.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Cleveland with 4 valve heads??? you mean the "4v" heads, referring to the 4bbl heads with ports you could about drop golf balls through??? "4v" in Ford terms was 4 ventricle ( or, in laymans terms, 4 bbl ) just asking...

flame away...

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
The Cleveland heads are 2 valve, they just have larger intake ports.

Why not spend the 1600 or 2300 on the 302 that's already in your Bronco and not have to worry about dealing with possible electronics problems/rewiring.....just a thought.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tomh971 said:
Cleveland with 4 valve heads??? you mean the "4v" heads, referring to the 4bbl heads with ports you could about drop golf balls through??? "4v" in Ford terms was 4 ventricle ( or, in laymans terms, 4 bbl ) just asking...

flame away...
I gots yo bronco. if you want a 94 xlt that is.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
The Yak said:
The Cleveland heads are 2 valve, they just have larger intake ports.

Why not spend the 1600 or 2300 on the 302 that's already in your Bronco and not have to worry about dealing with possible electronics problems/rewiring.....just a thought.

Yes... correct... my bad, I should have stated that they are 2 "VALVE" in my post... :banghead but there are "2v" and "4v" versions, and the ports sizes in the head were easily distinguishable... the thing also oils backwards... :wacko

:duh

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
You will not be able to bolt up a Cleveland to the E4OD without fabbing a adapter plate. You will also have to go carbureted, or if you get one of those aftermarket EFI kits, you will have to use the aftermarket computer, and I don't know about controling the E4OD, unless you go with one of the Bad Boy E4OD computers like in the "Bad Boy E4OD" thread. I'm sure you would need different motor mounts, possibly custom or modifying you existing mounts. I'm not sure about mounting accessories. I'm sure you'd run into other problems, so go 393.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
How the hell did my post get above Fordman's?

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
the 383 is a chevy stroker where as the 393 is the 351 stroker.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the Cleveland is out. I called earlier on the stroker and I'm waiting for someone to call me back, the guy on the phone didn't have access to the info online so he didn't know what I was talking about. I'm not putting anything into this 302 because the rings are now shot (180,000 miles) very little compression, and if I'm going to replace the motor I want more power.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
yeah there are a few different displacement kits, most ive seen were 393. there are some over 400 as well. i think for it to be 383 the stroke would have to be 3.75.

·
Registered
196 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
392 is Fords stroker for the 351. I'd do the 392, but you need a chip or tuner to get it tuned right with EFI and a change in firing order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts