Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I get a larger sized pulley from Ryan I intend to install a 200A large case 3g into my '95.

I've got the 2ga. cables from Slickerthanyou as well, along with 225A fuses.

My current setup (3g 95A small case) has a fairly smallish black/orange cable (6ga maybe?) going from the Alternator to the fender mounted solenoid, and then another smallish red cable over to the battery, and then I believe there is another red running from battery directly back to starter.

So my question is that I think I want to be removing that black/orange going to the fender solenoid, and have the alternator juice going directly to the fuse box I have, and then directly to batt + through the 2ga cables and 225A fuse block. The alternator output is probably best served going right into what it's supposed to be keeping charged, correct?

I would think that my stock + red cable going over to the fender solenoid would then be fine left as it is, same with red+ going back to the starter?

I really only need the large alternator output for the winch use as I don't have a lot of other heavy draw items, and the winch of course is 2ga cable going directly to the battery.

Any issues anyone see?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
first you want the alt and batt hooked up
then the starter.
then tie the winch into that.
then hook up the power distribution box.

I use one of these for my central hub

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are you saying Ryan that instead of bringing the alternator cable directly to the + batt terminal (including the fuse block), I should hook everything to a central hub? Including the winch and starter? Why wouldn't I just go directly to the + batt post with the alternator, starter and winch?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be nice, but I don't think I have the room to do it. You've got way more space over there than I do. I've got those emissions air tubes, plus the whole ARB compressor sitting on the plastic fender, and the solenoid and a relay sitting on the metal fender about where your junction block is.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
if you have a PMGR starter you don't need the starter relay on the fender. :duh
That is why mine is gone, replaced it with a smaller 5-prong relay :toothless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts