Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roof is separated an inch or so between the two walls down the center of the cab. Do I need to just cut a big hole through the first wall to attach the cable, or do you guys have some other method?

Thanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have never had a problem with the mag mount coming off but whne I mounted mine permanent I mounted towards the rear of the cab and only had ot drill one hole, the hard part I had was routing the cable. I removed my head liner and then removed the dome light to mount the base. It has workedvery well for me. Let me know if you need more info on it Brian, it only took me about 30 min or so.
Jeremy

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never had a problem with the mag mount coming off but whne I mounted mine permanent I mounted towards the rear of the cab and only had ot drill one hole, the hard part I had was routing the cable. I removed my head liner and then removed the dome light to mount the base. It has workedvery well for me. Let me know if you need more info on it Brian, it only took me about 30 min or so.
Jeremy
PCI told me to "put it in the middle", so that's what I did. Well, it's done now!

I definitely think you should permanently mount the base, but which magnetic mount were you using?
Ollie could answer that better than me Steve. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Cool, after I looked at mine again today it is almost in the middle. For what its worth I have great reception with it at the races brian. I have not had a problem yet. YOu going to be at the sept MORE race?

·
Some assembly required!
5,472 Posts
Are you talking about 3G cellular? If so, I'd go with an NMO mount. You drill a 3/4" hole in the sheet metal and the mount seals it up. Let me know if you need one, I've got a pile of NMO mounts laying around.

edit: never mind, too slow posting.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, after I looked at mine again today it is almost in the middle. For what its worth I have great reception with it at the races brian. I have not had a problem yet. YOu going to be at the sept MORE race?
I want to, but the front end is hammered and I'm not too good at just strolling around. I don't think I'll have coilovers mounted by then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.